Tab Control position

gheyman

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I have a Tab on a form in the detail section. I set its position about .25" under the detail bar (from the top). But when I go to Form view it is flush up against the form header (no space between them).

Is there a setting that is making it position itself up to the top that's causing this?

Excel Facts

How to change case of text in Excel?
Use =UPPER() for upper case, =LOWER() for lower case, and =PROPER() for proper case. PROPER won't capitalize second c in Mccartney
Not sure what you mean by a Tab. But if it is something you can move like you are describing maybe it works like shapes. Right click on this object. If a shape...bottom option is Format Shape. Click the box with the arrows. Click Properties. Click do not move or size with cells. Or play with these options until it is doing what you want.

Upvote 0
Its not a shape, its Tab If you go into design view on a form you can select what's called "Tab Control"

Upvote 0
Not sure what you mean by a Tab
Note that this is an Access question, not an Excel one (you are in the Access Questions forum).

Upvote 0
Thank you, Joe. I was just realizing that I was not on the same page here. :) Not sure how I stumbled into Access.

Sorry to waste your time, G.

Upvote 0
Thank you, Joe. I was just realizing that I was not on the same page here. :) Not sure how I stumbled into Access.
Do you use the "Zero Reply Posts" listing?
Many people don't realize that shows posts from various different forums, and the forum of each thread is indicated on the right-hand side.

Upvote 0
gheyman; I can't replicate the issue - not with a regular form, split form or even switching default views between continuous, datasheet and single form (assuming it's a tab control as your post title indicates).
Suggest you position it in design view and save the form before switching to form view. If that doesn't cure it, switch to layout view, position, save and switch to form view.

FYI: aside from the other confusion about being in Excel questions, some could possibly be unsure of your meaning because Access has an option for the document window: overlapping or tabbed view (and to show tabs if tab view is chosen). You might want to consider distinguishing between them by referring to a "tab control" rather than just "tab".

Upvote 0
Joe, yes I did figure out that the Zero Replies is what led me here. I try to give back to the community for all the help I have received over the years. But you all are so fast. :) I try and help anyone not being taken care of. Some I help, some I learn something new, but not enough to be of assistance. On that note, my thirst for knowledge is another reason I peruse as many questions and answers as I can each day.

Thanks for the tip. I see now what you mean about the Forum being on the right side of each. I will pay better attention.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ahmad123098

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back