Does MS Access support - Multi-User facility????

MUKESHY12390

Office Version
  1. 2013
  2. 2011
  3. 2010
  4. 2007
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi All,

Is this possible that 20 User can add ( New record) to same table in Ms Access.?

I have developed one Userform (in Excel) to add record in MS access table , Userform automatically save some data to access in every 20 second .. like (Username , CurrentTime ), Everything works perfect and smooth when one user use this tool. But the moment second user opens this Userform both get error.

so Is there any way to make it Multi-user.

what part I have to change ....

Cursor Type
Lock Type
way of adding data ( Insert INto or Add method --ADO)
any change in default setting.
DAO or ADO

Please assist ,just advise would work for me.

Thanks !
Mks

Actually, it is easier to go the other way. .
Do NOT build a Form from scratch, and then try to connect to a Table.
Rather, start from an existing Table or Query, and then build the Form from that.
You can do that by opening the Table or Query, then going to the Design tab, and click Form.

Also, I would recommend building a Query from the Table, and then building the Form off of that.
Why? Queries give you more flexibility, like if you wanted to filter records or have some calculated fields.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Does the VLOOKUP table have to be sorted?
No! when you are using an exact match, the VLOOKUP table can be in any order. Best-selling items at the top is actually the best.
-using form Timer event (every 10 second 3 fields record (Time, Id, username) added to respecitve user)
Why would you do this? I'm not a huge fan of trying to track everything a user does but every 10 seconds do you really need to log the fact that a user has a form open?

Upvote 0
Actually, it is easier to go the other way. .
Do NOT build a Form from scratch, and then try to connect to a Table.
Rather, start from an existing Table or Query, and then build the Form from that.
You can do that by opening the Table or Query, then going to the Design tab, and click Form.

Also, I would recommend building a Query from the Table, and then building the Form off of that.
Why? Queries give you more flexibility, like if you wanted to filter records or have some calculated fields.

OMG.. you nailed it Joe Cheers!
I have created one form for all 30 users.(took only 10 minutes to create), I'm running test on 3 system so far 100 record saved successfully .let see after 9 hours what is the result.
Thank you SO much!!

Upvote 0
10 second is just for testing purpose since I was not able to crack to issue trying different-different method to see if it will work.

I do lots of mistake and while testing I get to know how much I missed. so my Initial testing always with small record and less timeline, once everything got fixed then I go for big data and time.

I'm building tracker to track status whether user is online or Away so probably 5minutes would be good but totally leave it to their manager.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jcschafer209

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back