Does MS Access support - Multi-User facility????

MUKESHY12390

Office Version
  1. 2013
  2. 2011
  3. 2010
  4. 2007
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi All,

Is this possible that 20 User can add ( New record) to same table in Ms Access.?

I have developed one Userform (in Excel) to add record in MS access table , Userform automatically save some data to access in every 20 second .. like (Username , CurrentTime ), Everything works perfect and smooth when one user use this tool. But the moment second user opens this Userform both get error.

so Is there any way to make it Multi-user.

what part I have to change ....

Cursor Type
Lock Type
way of adding data ( Insert INto or Add method --ADO)
any change in default setting.
DAO or ADO

Please assist ,just advise would work for me.

Thanks !
Mks

Excel Facts

Control Word Wrap
Press Alt+Enter to move to a new row in a cell. Lets you control where the words wrap.
Not used with Excel in the terms of what you are asking, but the normal use of Access with multi user is to *split* the database and have a front end (one to each user) and a back end (shared between each user.

Upvote 0
Hi All,

Is this possible that 20 User can add ( New record) to same table in Ms Access.?

Yes. I have Access solutions with 20+ users adding data to the same set of tables at teh same time..

Hi All,

I have developed one Userform (in Excel) to add record in MS access table , Userform automatically save some data to access in every 20 second .. like (Username , CurrentTime ), Everything works perfect and smooth when one user use this tool. But the moment second user opens this Userform both get error.

so Is there any way to make it Multi-user.

Access by default is mutli-user. AFAIK, Excel is only single user.

I thnk the isue is with Ecxel not Access.

As a test try this: Have two user opens separate copies of the Excel workbook at the same time. Does it work if if each user opens a non-shared copy of the workbook?

Upvote 0
thanks for reply,

I decided to use Access only.So far I have done:

-created database and added User table ( each user has separate table with three fields ..Time,ID,UserName and Time Field has primary key) ,so every has their own table and they not allow to use others user table.
-using form Timer event (every 10 second 3 fields record (Time, Id, username) added to respecitve user)
-Splitted database into Back-End and Front-End
-changed default setting to (Edit Record,Shared mode)
-Given Front-End to User to save down the copy in local system to use.
-using ADO Conn.execute method to insert data.

first few minutes like (3-4 minutes) works fine, then I get error.
“Operation must use an updateable query” error in MS Access"

I like the your Display picture.. :)

Thanks!
Mukesh Y

Last edited:
Upvote 0
If you are using Access, why bother with an Excel userform?
I would recommend using Access forms. Much cleaner, neater, and less chances for issues.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Cross-posted here: Is this possible???

While we do not prohibit Cross-Posting on this site, we do ask that you please mention you are doing so and provide links in each of the threads pointing to the other thread (see rule #13 here along with the explanation: Forum Rules). This way, other members can see what has already been done in regards to a question, and do not waste time working on a question that may already be answered.

Upvote 0
I'm sorry my bad, but the problem not resolve at both forum, so I thought asking some other forum could work .

Upvote 0
If you are using Access, why bother with an Excel userform?
I would recommend using Access forms. Much cleaner, neater, and less chances for issues.

I have already moved to Access , here is the issue

[h=2]
icon1.png
Re: Does MS Access support - Multi-User facility????[/h]
thanks for reply,

I decided to use Access only.So far I have done:

-created database and added User table ( each user has separate table with three fields ..Time,ID,UserName and Time Field has primary key) ,so every has their own table and they not allow to use others user table.
-using form Timer event (every 10 second 3 fields record (Time, Id, username) added to respecitve user)
-Splitted database into Back-End and Front-End
-changed default setting to (Edit Record,Shared mode)
-Given Front-End to User to save down the copy in local system to use.

first few minutes like (3-4 minutes) works fine, then I get error.
“Operation must use an updateable query” error in MS Access"

I like the your Display picture.. :)

Thanks!
Mukesh Y

Upvote 0
I'm sorry my bad, but the problem not resolve at both forum, so I thought asking some other forum could work .
That's fine, but you need to mention in your thread that you have posted it elsewhere, and also provide links to it, so others here can see what might have already been done or suggested elsewhere so they don't waste their time making suggestions that might have already been covered elsewhere.

I have already moved to Access , here is the issue
If you have, then how do this come into play?
You Access data entry Form should be bound directly to your Access table, so there shouldn't be any need for any special connection settings.

Upvote 0
I will keep in mind for future problem.

You Access data entry Form should be bound directly to your Access table, so there shouldn't be any need for any special connection settings.

Ohh...you are saying I should create three field to the form and connect to table. I will trying this

through Form, would there be any issue if 20 user same time adding new record to same table but different record ???

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abdahsankhan

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back