Add IRR & NPV to Pivot Table as Calculated Field

JonesyUK

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Dear Experts,

Can you please tell me how to add IRR and NPV to a Pivot Table as a Calculated Field.

I am using Excel 2010

Many thanks,
JonesyUK

Using CALCULATE and time intelligence functions might help making your model more maintainable, provided you have a date table, since you would not have to referrence p or any other column in your table (except Y and C).
Hi Laurent, How are you doing? I need to use PowerPivot to calculate IRR for a dynamic number of investments. My table is structured like this: Project Name, Event Date, Cash Flow. In Excel, I would XIRR as the cashflows are not regular. Do you have any ideas on how this can be done? The difficulty here is that IRR is an iterative calculation and there is no way to reproduce it without using Excel function.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Square and cube roots
The =SQRT(25) is a square root. For a cube root, use =125^(1/3). For a fourth root, use =625^(1/4).
Siraj,

Ultimately IRR is just mathematics and DAX is full of iterative formulas so it must be possible! Even in standard Excel, I wouldn't trust the NPV/IRR formulas to get it right (because they often don't).

Maybe post the full problem with an explanation of what your output looks like and the structure of your data in a new post.

Jacob

Upvote 0
Thanks Jacob for your offer to help. Yes, that is what I am also thinking - whether there is a way to do an user-defined iteration in PowerPivot! Let me create a sample file which gives the essence of the problem and I will post it as a separate thread as per your suggestion.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dbomb1414

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back