Comparing Same Week Prior Year - Weeknum seems off

bigck2

Board Regular
Hello,

I have a data model with two relevant tables: BoxScore and DimCalendar. My DimCalendar table is set up as a date table, and included in that table I have a field called 'WeekNumber' which is defined with the excel formula: = WEEKNUM( [@Date], 1 ).

My BoxScore table has a bunch of metrics which are measured weekly. There is a field 'End Date' which is linked to the DimCalendar table on the 'Date' field.

I have a PivotTable report set up, and it seems to be acting strange. I have Rows set as 'WeekNumber' and Value with a calculated field 'Total Shows' (which is just =SUM ( BoxScore[Shows] ) ). I have another calculated field, 'PY Total Shows' which is defined as =CALCULATE( [Total Shows] , SAMEPERIODLASTYEAR( DimCalendar[Date] ) ).

It seems strange because week 1 for 2016 should end on 01/02/2016, and week 1 for 2015 should end on 01/03/2015.

When these are supposed to line up next to each other on the report, in week 1 there is a value for 2016, but the space for 'PY Total Shows' is blank. WeekNumber 2 has the quantity for the week ending on 01/03/2015 in the 'PY Total Shows' measure.

It seems strange. Please let me know if you have any suggestions or resources.

Thanks,

Chris

Excel Facts

How to total the visible cells?
From the first blank cell below a filtered data set, press Alt+=. Instead of SUM, you will get SUBTOTAL(9,)
kcfbsk.png

Here is a screenshot of what I'm talking about.

Total Shows for Week #1 for current year is 241. This correctly corresponds to the week ending on 01/02/2016.

Total Shows for Week #1 for Prior Year is blank. Then for Week #2 PY Total Shows has 477 Shows. That number corresponds to the week ending on 01/03/2015. But that should be Week #1. From my formula WeekNum = WEEKNUM ( "01/03/2015" ) = 1.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Motoracer88

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back