Bigger Candles in Candlestick Charts

avinashraste

Board Regular
Dear All,

I'm having a problem in making a Candlestick chart in excel. Candlestick chart is used for stock charting. When a price range is too narrow for some days, the candles are very small to judge & see even.

Can anyone suggest a solution to make the candles bigger without making the Full screen chart. That means Normal chart with bigger candles.

Thanks & Regards

Avinash Raste

Excel Facts

Move date out one month or year
Use =EDATE(A2,1) for one month later. Use EDATE(A2,12) for one year later.
Dear Expiry,

Suggest a solution if you can.

Avinash Raste

Avinash, chill out man. A little humour helps us all get through the day and a courteous request often gets more help than an abrupt one.

To answer your question, surely the only way you can do this is to change the scale on the Y axis, as suggested. The chart represents the figures you have, so if the movement is small, the candle will be.

Upvote 0
Dear All,

First of I'm so sorry for replying late as internet connection was bad yesterday.

Thank you very very much for sparing time & help & solving my problem. It is solved immidiately after I read the post by Andrew Sir & Expiry Sir.

And yes, you are absolutely right Expiry, a small humour is always advisable for a great day...I take it very rightly. Thanks onc again all of you for help.

Thanks & Regards

Avinash Raste

Upvote 0
Dear All,

I'm having a problem in making a Candlestick chart in excel. Candlestick chart is used for stock charting. When a price range is too narrow for some days, the candles are very small to judge & see even.

Can anyone suggest a solution to make the candles bigger without making the Full screen chart. That means Normal chart with bigger candles.

Thanks & Regards

Avinash Raste

As an option, I often use tick marks to denote open and close. When the values are close together it's easier to see which is somewhat greater than the other. It also looks more like the NY Times charts. Here's a tutorial which should help:

http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/StockChartsAndLineChartTricks.html

If you are absolutely stuck with candlesticks, you could format the up and down bars so that they only have a fill color and no border, or so the border matches the fill.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kshealy

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back