Android App that can edit XLSM files?

SusaninHouston

I'm finally moving into the smartphone world and am looking for an Android app that will allow me to access or edit XLSM files. Several claim to handle XLSX files, but virtually everthing I will want to look at is XLSM.

Can this be done?

And if XLSX is the limit, what is the best Android app for large and complex files?

I refresh that thread because the problem still exist.

1. It is posible to open an .xlsm file, i know that. In Android you can use Hancom Office or Office Suite for example; but you can only open it, you can not save it as .xlsm.
2. Which app or program is able to run an .xlsm-file including the VBA-Code; never found it for Android until now; it only works on excel 2007 or newer on my PC.
3. Which app or programm is able to edit and modify the VBA-Code like Excel itself, like with a basic-editor or something like that.

Hope so much someone is able to help me/us, because I am quite sure I am not the only one that is looking for that for years...

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

How to fill five years of quarters?
Type 1Q-2023 in a cell. Grab the fill handle and drag down or right. After 4Q-2023, Excel will jump to 1Q-2024. Dash can be any character.
The Excel Android app will allow you to open and edit xlsm files, but not run or view the VBA code. There is no app I am aware of that will run VBA on an Android tablet.

Upvote 0
I refresh that thread because the problem still exist.

1. It is posible to open an .xlsm file, i know that. In Android you can use Hancom Office or Office Suite for example; but you can only open it, you can not save it as .xlsm.
2. Which app or program is able to run an .xlsm-file including the VBA-Code; never found it for Android until now; it only works on excel 2007 or newer on my PC.
3. Which app or programm is able to edit and modify the VBA-Code like Excel itself, like with a basic-editor or something like that.

Hope so much someone is able to help me/us, because I am quite sure I am not the only one that is looking for that for years...

> https://support.office.com/en-us/ar...d-phones-ee598133-59d1-43c3-b47c-aac3f2d9a605
1 should be a yes
2 limited to the phone support
3 Not via this

Upvote 0
Thank you RoreA and mole999 for the quick response

as i said, for 1. I have a solution, but not for 2.
I use an S3 smartphone and a Note Pro 12.2 tablet, and I never found an app that is able to execute VBA-Code, but that is the most important part of them all

Upvote 0
hmm but Android isn't visual basic (I'm not sure what it is)

Upvote 0
Yea, I think this is the biggest problem of them all, Visual basic is not and probably will never supported under Android.
So we will never execute VBA-Scripts under Undroid.
We are sucked.

Upvote 0
Hi,

I do not have any direct solution of the problem as stated.

However, together with a few colleagues, I am doing research on expressing complex computations by spreadsheet formulas. We are looking for test cases to apply our tools. Of course, it is harder to replace user interface elements by non-VBA components, but we can try this, too.

Quoting myself from the post http://www.mrexcel.com/forum/general-excel-discussion-other-questions/933399-challenge-needed.html:

So, if any of you has needs of this kind, please let us know. We are willing to check if we can replace your VBA computations by formulas. Of course, we cannot promise anything for sure, except that we will try hard and that we will not send you any invoice.

Best regards,

Jerzy Tyszkiewicz
University of Warsaw

Upvote 0
Hi,

I do not have any direct solution of the problem as stated.

However, together with a few colleagues, I am doing research on expressing complex computations by spreadsheet formulas. We are looking for test cases to apply our tools. Of course, it is harder to replace user interface elements by non-VBA components, but we can try this, too.

Quoting myself from the post http://www.mrexcel.com/forum/general-excel-discussion-other-questions/933399-challenge-needed.html:

So, if any of you has needs of this kind, please let us know. We are willing to check if we can replace your VBA computations by formulas. Of course, we cannot promise anything for sure, except that we will try hard and that we will not send you any invoice.

Best regards,

Jerzy Tyszkiewicz
University of Warsaw

Thanks for all the hints and suggestions.
@J.Ty.
Thanks for the offer; I am not sure, that I am experienced enough to be a good guide and advisor in the implementation.
I just know what I need, to do what I have to do, can you follow me?
My problem is, that I have different .xlsm-files, quite vast and complex ones, with a bunch of VBA-Macros, most of them are AutoFilter-Refresh-Macros.
I have to use the .xlsm-files along the way and also on different locations, and a PC with Excel I have not everywhere, so I have to use mobil solutions.
Samsung Note Pro Tablets are often in use, so how can I use .xlsm-files with these macros on a android-system, preferential on Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2, so on Android.

Upvote 0
Thanks for all the hints and suggestions.
@J.Ty.
Thanks for the offer; I am not sure, that I am experienced enough to be a good guide and advisor in the implementation.
I just know what I need, to do what I have to do, can you follow me?
My problem is, that I have different .xlsm-files, quite vast and complex ones, with a bunch of VBA-Macros, most of them are AutoFilter-Refresh-Macros.
I have to use the .xlsm-files along the way and also on different locations, and a PC with Excel I have not everywhere, so I have to use mobil solutions.

Probably I cannot automatically refresh a filter without VBA. However, I can try to imitate the same behavior in a different way. Could you describe a typical use-case for me?
I mean:
- what data is filtered (type, quantity)
- what you select in the filter
- what kind of changes you make before want the filter to be refreshed?

J.Ty.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aaagu

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back