Android App that can edit XLSM files?

SusaninHouston

I'm finally moving into the smartphone world and am looking for an Android app that will allow me to access or edit XLSM files. Several claim to handle XLSX files, but virtually everthing I will want to look at is XLSM.

Can this be done?

And if XLSX is the limit, what is the best Android app for large and complex files?

The filter activates or deactivates the visibility of rows in dependent on flags or markers that are set or not set like numbers or "X".
These flags are located in other fields on the excel-sheet.
The activation rules are quite complex and excel has the methods to activate or deactivate the visibility of rows, but the automatism to do it by simply set a flag that is prompted in a field, is only reachable by VBA (afaik).
I can post a part of the VBA-Code if U want, but I am not allowed to post the content of the excel-tables.
I hope this gobbledegook is helpful.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Create a chart in one keystroke
Select the data and press Alt+F1 to insert a default chart. You can change the default chart to any chart type
I did a toy-size example. It consists of two columns of data, two flags and a place wehre filtered data is displayed.
In practice, it means that you have to store your data in one place, and the results are displayed elsewhere (perhaps on a different worksheet).

The first filter checks if the number in the second column is even and is activated by putting anything in cell B2, the other one lets you choose in B3 the letter in the first column, no letter means that everything is allowed.

You can download this example from http://www.mimuw.edu.pl/~jty/MrExcel/Wurzel.xlsx
(I have a problem with posting html screenshot for some reason.)

Would that be the kind of functionality you are looking for?

J.Ty.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I have managed somehow to post the screenshot, although it seems to be broken.

J.Ty.

Excel 2010
ABCDEFGHI
1FlagsData rows0Filtered data arows
2is evenxa10b2
3letterb21d4
4c31f6
5d42
6e52
7f63
Sheet1

Worksheet Formulas
CellFormula
F2=IF(AND(OR(ISBLANK($B$3),$B$3=D2),OR(ISBLANK($B$2),ISEVEN(E2))),1+F1,F1)
H2=IFERROR(INDEX(D$2:D$7,MATCH(ROW()-1,$F$2:$F$7,0)),"")
I2=IFERROR(INDEX(E$2:E$7,MATCH(ROW()-1,$F$2:$F$7,0)),"")

Upvote 0
Ohh, I tested it, it is quite clever, thanks for all your effort.
There is just one problem.
The part D, E, F of your table is over 800 rows long in my table, and the second part (H, I) of your table has to be shown on the top of my table and can contain non or 3 rows or maybe 30 rows of the first Part (D, E, F)
and it is not helpfull to reserve all over 800 rows for the second part of the table just for the rows in H and I on the top, just for the case that all 800 rows are shown, you know what I mean?
I just want to see the activated rows, maybe 10, and don't want to let the rest, lets say 790 rows, as empty rows.
In my solution with VBA, I have 2 complete tables, one above the other, but the upper table is just shown with the activated rows, the rest is not visible, is deactivated, fadet out.
And I reckon, if I use your solution, i have to reserve all 800 rows in the top table and only, lets say, the first 10 are shown, the rest of the rows are empty, but visible.
But independently, I appreciate your effort to help me.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OK, as far as I understand, you prefer to have a few (the exact number is not known beforehand) filtered data rows on top, and the unfiltered rows below. I did it. There is a line with "Data rows" indicating the location where the separation takes place.

I still have a problem with posting screenshots, so instead I post a link to my OneDrive here: https://onedrive.live.com/redir?res...294&authkey=!AFfoYGoqPLth2XM&ithint=file,xlsx

At this moment it becomes important how quickly your spreadhsheet on Android processes the filtering. I could only test it on WPS Office (my personal favourite) on an emulator. It was rather slow, but acceptable.

J.Ty.

Upvote 0
Not exactly. let me explain what I actually have.
I have different sheets in one Workbook (I hope I use the right phrases, my native language is german).
In about 4 or 5 sheets I have tables with about 500 to 800 rows (with 12 or 16 filled columns) that has to be chosen in the way u already realise,
and these rows and only these I choose, must shown on the top of the sheet in full length (of all 12 or 14 columns), above the fully visible table. The rest should be invisible. Right after the last chosen row should begin the whole visable table. You know?
And after that, on another sheet, all chosen rows from all 5 sheets must be shown directly one above the other with there different correct head of the table, but only the chosen rows, not the rest of there tables.
I hope I raped the english language not to much and i was a bit understandable.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I think I understand, but am not completely sure.
I hope this is not against the forum rules: please describe it again in German.

J.Ty.

Upvote 0
Hi J.Ty.
I still proof and analyse it, but it already looks cool and a proper solution for my problem.
I will report it if I finished the analyse process and the conversion to my tables and sheets successfully.
Meanwhile thank you very much.
Bin wirklich sehr dankbar für die Mühe, muss nur genau verstehen wie es funktioniert, um es ab jetzt selber verwenden zu können !
Greets, you are the best!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexlomt

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back