Automatically adding row of data to alphabetised tab

Worley_

Hi folks

I am in a bit of a pickle; I am a 2007/11 user ordinarily but have to work with 2003 for this task and am stuck.

Does anyone know if it is possible to automatically add row of data to an alphabetised tab? I am hoping to use the form function to add new entries but there doesn’t seem to be any way to change where the data goes. If there has to be a spread sheet with everyone on (~2000 rows) and it can be copied and added to an alphabetised tab from there, this is also okay.

Or am I dreaming…?

Thanks in advance.

Excel Facts

Lock one reference in a formula
Need 1 part of a formula to always point to the same range? use $ signs: $V$2:$Z$99 will always point to V2:Z99, even after copying
Personally I avoid alpabetised tabs. I'd rather use 1 sheet with a table that can be filtered alphabetically. Same use, one sheet. If you ever need functions to work with the data, it'll be hell to pull it out of 26 tabs...

Upvote 0
Thanks and I would usually agree about the tab thing, hence why I don't know how to facilitate it, but this is to help other users who are not experienced with computers to find people quickly and easily.

Upvote 0
Okay, I've got something you could use.
One sheet named "Data", other sheets "A" to "Z" (26 tabs, 27 included "Data")

Top row of All tabs should have the Headers, f.i. : Surname, Name, Adress, Birthdate of whatsoever. I've made the macro to apply to 13 columns (until M) You can expand in the code if you need.

this is the macro-code:

Code:
Sub Sorteren()
Dim RangeAll As Range

Set RangeAll = ThisWorkbook.Sheets("Data").Range("A2", Cells(Rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp))
For Each k In RangeAll
    WSN = Left(k, 1)
    lrowWSN = ThisWorkbook.Sheets(WSN).Cells(Rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp).Row
    k.Resize(1, 13).Copy ThisWorkbook.Sheets(WSN).Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Offset(1, 0)
    ThisWorkbook.Sheets(WSN).Range("A1:M" & lrowWSN + 1).Sort Key1:=Worksheets(WSN).Columns("A"), Order1:=xlAscending, Header:=xlYes

Next
RangeAll.EntireRow.Delete

End Sub

You can enter with a form on the "Data" sheet and afterwards by running the macro move the data to the corresponding tabs.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yesitisasport

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back