bubble chart with multiple series

Glainer

how can I update all the labels for all series in a bubble chart? I want the label to be the Series name with black fill at 60% transparency centered on the bubble. I've attached what I want it to look like without setting each one individually.

I have multiple questions, not sure if I should include them in one thread or not. But here goes... If I should separate them please let me know and I will do that next time.

I have 4 columns of data
Project Name, Effort (X Axis), Impact to Business (Y Axis), and Overall Score (Bubble Size).

If I create a series for each Project Name, then I can get the legend to show up with the project name, but I have to edit each individual data label on the bubble manually one by one.

If I create 1 series named project, I can get the data labels to show the Project Name using Value from Cells under label options and selecting the range with the Project names. However, if I do that, then I can't get the Legend to display the Project Name.

Also in order to get the legend to show up at the bottom, I have to shrink the chart size choose any place but bottom and then move the legend manually underneath the chart.

I would like to get the chart to be like in the picture without having to manually update everything every time someone adds a project. (would like to be able to have the chart update automatically when people add/remove projects or change values in the data set.

Thank you for your help it is greatly appreciated!
Gregg

Attachments

• swat bubble chart.png
    swat bubble chart.png
    235.7 KB · Views: 16

Excel Facts

Remove leading & trailing spaces
Save as CSV to remove all leading and trailing spaces. It is faster than using TRIM().

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ikke

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back