Collapsing and Expanding Rows of Data in Excel 2007

cvincent

Board Regular
I have a large spreadsheet with three columns of info. In Col A is the group name, Col B is the sub-group name, and Col C is a list of the items. Each group name in Col A has a very small icon on the left side, showing a + or -. By clicking on the +, the data in Column B opens up. Each item in Col B also has a small icon of + or -. By clicking on the +, the data in Column C opens up, etc. Each icon only shows one or the other of the + or - sign, depending on the data shown; i.e. you can open up the data, or collapse it. I need to find out how this is done, and have tried grouping, subtotals, etc with no luck.

Does anyone have the answer?

Excel Facts

Enter current date or time
Ctrl+: enters current time. Ctrl+; enters current date. Use Ctrl+: Ctrl+; Enter for current date & time.
Thank you for your response, Joe. This is different than grouping, where you have the lines down the side with the + and -, and the small boxes in the upper left corner. What I am referring to are small icons beside each heading with either a + or -. When the icons are clicked, it expands the list in the column to the right.

Upvote 0
Thank you for your response, Joe. This is different than grouping, where you have the lines down the side with the + and -, and the small boxes in the upper left corner. What I am referring to are small icons beside each heading with either a + or -. When the icons are clicked, it expands the list in the column to the right.
Sounds like whatever it is, it performs the same function as grouping. Sorry, maybe someone else can help.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jojomen56

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back