Copy and Pate into Powerpivot - Corrupt Data Message

JEB85

Board Regular
Hi Guys,

I'm hoping someone has an answer to this problem because it's driving me insane!

I have a file that's 70,000ish rows long. I've been copying and pasting it into Powerpivot 10,000 rows at a time. The first 10,000 rows, once pasted and saved and the file re-opened, work fine. However, when I copy and paste anything after the first 10,000, when I save the file and re-open it I get a Corrupt data message. Does anyone know why this is and what it is I need to do?

Incidentally, I have no problems when I import files into Powerpivot, it's just when I coy and paste.

Thanks

Excel Facts

When they said...
When they said you are going to "Excel at life", they meant you "will be doing Excel your whole life".
I'm not familiar with pasting directly into powerpivot. What format is the file in that contains the data? could you create a csv file form your source data easily? Have you tried pasting the rows into an excel sheet as you shoud be able to do all 70,000 in one go. Then just link the table to powerpivot and see what it does. Is the message literally "corrupt data"?

Mike

Upvote 0
Hi,

the data is in Excel format - I've tried pasting 70000 rows at once but i doesn't allow me too (I do have 33 columns of data though).

I've just literally copied 10000 rows into powerpivot, then coiped in another 10000 rows, saved the file, re-opened it, and when I try get into powerpivot I get a message that says
'Embedded Analysis Service Engine: Could Not load embedded PowerPivot data'. I have had a message about corrupt data when I've tried it before though.

Thanks

Upvote 0
If its its in excel why are copying it? Just format your data as a table then then cick on powerpivot/create linked table. No need to copy & paste

Upvote 0
Because it's a monthly file so 70,000 rows * 12 months just for one years worth of data. So using a data table will eventually become unsustainable

Upvote 0
ah. quite new to powerpivot myself so not familiar with the error message. sorry couldnt be more helpful

Not sure if this helps from Microsoft?

Embedded Analysis Services Engine: Could not load embedded PowerPivot data.
To resolve this problem, you can try removing unnecessary columns from the workbook. For example, text columns typically take up far more space than numerical data, because they are longer, tend to have more unique values, and are less easily compressed. You might also change the filters on the data source to import only the rows that are needed for the current analysis.

or

http://www.mrexcel.com/forum/showth...ded-data-issue-with-PowerPivot-amp-Excel-2010

Only other suggestions are do you have the 2012 version and if you have access to 64-bit Windows OS try installing a VM machine and then install 64-bit office with the 64-bit version of powerpivot. I did this as was having lots of memory issues and the 64-bit excel can use far more of your RAM.

Mike

Upvote 0
Thanks a lot Mike!! Having moved some unnecessay columns, in particular one column with a load of text, everything is working great!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DMJHohl

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back