Copy/Pasting certain columns into another workbook as text

colinrooms

I need help trying to figure out how to copy and paste certain columns from one row and pasting them into a separate workbook row. It is a total of 24 columns, but they are not necessarily in order. I would also like the data to be pasted as text, if possible. I am very comfortable in Excel, but not the VBA side of Macros. Once I get started, I might need help with rearranging the columns when pasting if that is possible as well. If someone could help get me started I would greatly appreciate it.

Excel Facts

Format cells as time
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+2 to format cells as time. (Shift 2 is the @ sign).
Welcome to the Board!

I think the reason why you have not gotten any replies is because your question is a little too generic. It is hard to program VBA code without knowing the specifics.

If you can provide more details, maybe some data samples, it might improve your chances of getting help.
Note that there are tools you can use to post screen images, mentioned in section B here: http://www.mrexcel.com/forum/board-announcements/127080-guidelines-forum-use.html

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andz

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back