Date/Lookup/Reference Help

speth

I have a calc sheet with several items, but for brevity's sake, I have dates for the entire year listed down Column A, and values corresponding down Column B.

I'm trying to call up a reference from another cell, say C1, that will say either "given XXX date, the Column B value is YYY", where I can input the date that's being searched for in C2, or I can have it reference NOW().

I'm at a loss for this one, not even sure what angle to approach it from. Any suggestions?

Thanks for Quick reply, Your so great also. May be I bother lot. I am new that why i understand very poor. your reply NO#14 work nicely but reply no#19 not work in my sheet, i coped that another sheet, but when i run it Excel reply Macros box, plz help me
The code in #19 is sheet code not a standard module. Remove it completely then follow the instructions below to install it in your Report sheet.

To install the code:
1. Right-click the worksheet tab you want to apply it to and choose 'View Code'. This will open the VBE window.
2. Copy the code below from your browser window and paste it into the white space in the VBE window.
3. Close the VBE window and Save the workbook. If you are using Excel 2007 or a later version do a SaveAs and save it as a macro-enabled workbook (.xlsm file extension).
4. Make sure you have enabled macros whenever you open the file or the code will not run.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

What is =ROMAN(40) in Excel?
The Roman numeral for 40 is XL. Bill "MrExcel" Jelen's 40th book was called MrExcel XL.
hi Dear JoeMo,
How are you? hope ur fine. i have new problem? some give me an Excel sheet but he put it some micro, but i cannot see it. he put it password. can i remove password with out his help.

plz help me

safi

Upvote 0
hi Dear JoeMo,
How are you? hope ur fine. i have new problem? some give me an Excel sheet but he put it some micro, but i cannot see it. he put it password. can i remove password with out his help.

plz help me

safi
That would violate a Forum rule:
Rule #11:
The policy of this board is NOT to assist with the breaking of passwords under any circumstances. Such posts will be deleted or locked and may lead to a warning.

Additionally, if you have a new need for help from this Forum you should initiate a new post, not piggy-back on an existing one.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ArturS75

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back