Date Lookup Within a Workbook

TimTipper

This seems simple but i'm stumped.
I have a change order document with a summary page on the first sheet and subsequent change order sheets.
I've linked the sheets so that data entered in the summary sheets appears in the change order sheets and vice versa.
On the summary sheet, I want the date from each active change order sheet to appear in a specific cell.
The easy way to do it is to link the date cell on a change order sheet with the cell in which I want the date to appear on the summary sheet. This works fine when there is a date in the change order sheet. However, if I have only activated some of the change order sheets, the summary sheet returns a date of "January 1, 1904" in all the cells that correspond to inactive (blank) change order sheets.
Question, how do I get the summary sheet to display a blank cell when there is no date in the target cell?
Thank you,
Tim

Excel Facts

Fastest way to copy a worksheet?
Hold down the Ctrl key while dragging tab for Sheet1 to the right. Excel will make a copy of the worksheet.
Travis,
Bingo!, Thanks a bundle. I was certain it was simple, but couldn't find it in my vast wealth (snicker) of knowledge.
Thanks again,
Tim

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
duraichandra

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back