Employee tracking (a whole new level)

y3kesprit

Board Regular
Good day everyone!

I previously posted asking for help on an employee attendance tracking template. Now I have another similar project on hand and would appreciate if someone can point me in the right direction.

I have uploaded the template for reference.

Link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/pyniotf5x8tju4s/Tracking Template.xlsx

There are two cells for employees to either scan in (report for work) or scan out (knock off from work). This is done using a bar code scanner.

Whenever an employee scans, his/her particulars will appear on the columns B7 and L7 using the VLOOKUP function. The lookup value is based on the entries registered under spread sheet ‘database’ which contains the information of all our employees.

So whenever an employee checks in, an entry of his details should be reflected on row 25 under in office personnel. When this same employee knocks off from work, he will scan out and his entry will shift to out of office personnel instead. Do note that our employees work on shift work including weekends, therefore the check in and check out are usually days apart.

Thus this above part will provide me a snapshot of the employees who are in office and out of office at any one time. Thus employees will appear either in office or out of office, depending on their scanning.

On top of that, I am hoping to achieve another rather complex concept.

That is, for example an employee checks in on the month of May 2014, his entry will appear on another spread sheet titled ‘May 2014’. Likewise, if he has check in in future on Dec 2014, his entry will appear on the spreadsheet of Dec 2014. Is this possible using macro?

Subsequently, when he checks out, the date and time of checking out will be reflected on that very same entry that he checked in. So on one entry, I am able to see when he checks in and out. And in one spreadsheet, example May 2014, I can know when he checked in and out of office for May.

This is a super complicated template… Hope to receive help from the experts here on this forum. Thank you so much!

I don't get your question, Howard. Are you talking about the years as in 2014 and 2015?

How the monthly sheets work is this:
For example, we are currently in the month of May 14. Any employee who scans in during this month, the time and date stamp will go into the May 14 sheet. And when he checks out again, the time and date he checks out (even though it might have crossed over to Jun 14) will appear on the original entry he checked in.

So it would look like this:

Z11 -- John -- 8AM -- 31 MAY 2014 -- 5PM -- 2 JUN 2014.

So on this one entry, I can see the time and date John came into office and the corresponding time he left office.

Subsequently, when it comes to the month of June, all scan in entries will now appear on the June 2014 sheet.

Is this going to complicate things? If so, let me know and we will find a way to make the entire concept less messy!

Going forward, does it matter what the sheet names are as long as they represent a readily identified month. Names that represent a true date on the worksheet could be a troublesome thing to work with.

What is the reason all are the 14th except next year when it is the 15th? Does this have anything to do with what dates and time stamps go to what sheet? Is there a cutoff at 14 to go to the next sheet or what?

Howard

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Formula for Yesterday
Name Manager, New Name. Yesterday =TODAY()-1. OK. Then, use =YESTERDAY in any cell. Tomorrow could be =TODAY()+1.
Hi y3k...,

I believe this may do what you want. Only pertains to sheet UI and DATABASE and the IN/OUT capers.

The transfers to the monthly sheets is a greater task. Hope I can pull it off.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kqdmjtluzpn1wov/EMPLOYEE%20Tracking%20Template%20Drop%20Box.xlsm

Try it and let me know.

Howard

Hi there, Howard.

I just gave it a go.

Everything works out fine! There is one small issue though it is not an absolute requirement to me. If it requires too much trouble, you can ignore it.

Basically, when employees check out, they will leave blanks in between.

For example
Z21
Z22
Z23.

When Z22 leaves the office, it becomes,
Z21

Z23.

Is it possible for subsequent SCAN INs to fill the blanks out before filling up after Z23?

Once again, this is a small problem. Not a must have for me.

I know the part about the monthly sheet is the greater challenger! I hope you will be able to pull it off too.

Thanks Howard!

Upvote 0
Tell me what you expect to see for the monthly sheets.

May is gone so I will delete that sheet.

I assume it is a running log of all scans in and out, with date and time for each scan?

Once a scan is on the month sheet it stays there?

Any limit on the number of scans per day or per month for a single employee? Hope not, may be very difficult to keep score for each employee.

List the rules one per line so I don't have to read through a paragraph to find the do's and don'ts.

Howard

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AGreen17

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back