Forumla to extract information

aboodbata

Extract information from main sheet into another sheet
microsoft-excel worksheet-function microsoft-excel-2010 microsoft-excel-2007 microsoft-excel-2013

I have an excel sheet that contains a list of events. The main sheet basically has thousands of events of different categories, such as educational, musical, art, etc.

Basically, what I want to do is divide the excel sheet into different sheets and have a formula extract information from the main sheet, but only of the event category that I specify. Also, I don't want the formula to return duplicate information, for example, if it extracts a musical event information from a specific row and column, it should not extract the information from the same row and column again.

So for example, I have a new sheet exclusively for educational events and the headers will be as the following respectively: Event Name, Event Location, Event Type, Event Time, Event Date. So basically I need a formula for each column to return information from the main sheet but without duplication. When I say duplicates, I'm not talking about values, because some events have the same name, but different time and date, so it should not take information from the same row/column twice.

Also, I'm making another statistics sheet where I put the year in a specific cell and it returns to me the total number of events in that year. The formula I need should allow me to specify the kind of event to count and the year in which the event occurred.

Sample picture: https://s17.postimg.org/c837a4ynj/2018-02-06_000925.jpg

Excel Facts

Formula for Yesterday
Name Manager, New Name. Yesterday =TODAY()-1. OK. Then, use =YESTERDAY in any cell. Tomorrow could be =TODAY()+1.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jayeshw

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back