Freeze Panes in a Shared Workbook - Can't Scroll Down

tshaffer03

A workbook is set up as shared.

Row 1 (the column headers) is frozen with Windows/Freeze Panes so you can scroll down the data and keep the column headers displayed.

On occassion, you cannot scroll down. The indicator on the scroll bar is moving but the display is not.

It appears that the rows which are frozen have changed. When I unfreeze the panes, the horizontal pane bar has moved from row 1 to row 30 (the new row number changes, it's not always the same row number). That gives the appearance that you can't scroll down.

No one who shares the workbook is admitting to unfreezing the panes, moving the pane from row 1 to row 30, and then re-freezing the panes. I doubt any of the users would even know how to do this.

This happens on different excel files and on different shared servers with completely different users. It's not just unique to one workbook.

Any other ideas to what is causing this situation on a shared workbook?

I have come across this same exact issue. We found that it had to do with a combination of the items described in this thread. The resolution was to turn off split panes in the View menu. It appears that it IS scrolling, but on a pane below what you can see. The upper pane is frozen in some view, and the lower pane, is NOT frozen. Give that a shot.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Convert text numbers to real numbers
Select a column containing text numbers. Press Alt+D E F to quickly convert text to numbers. Faster than "Convert to Number"
I have come across this same exact issue. We found that it had to do with a combination of the items described in this thread. The resolution was to turn off split panes in the View menu. It appears that it IS scrolling, but on a pane below what you can see. The upper pane is frozen in some view, and the lower pane, is NOT frozen. Give that a shot.

How did you turn it off?
I'm trying to prevent 15 users of a shared file to unfreeze panes. I want all views to show freezes at C4.
Can't use the protect worksheet cause it will disable the "clearfilter" command and the book is 85 columns...

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexlomt

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back