Good Excel Practical Jokes, Pranks, Mean Tricks, etc.

Earlier in this post, the ethics of pranking was discussed. I've just run across an article about a Mr. John Hargrave who pretty much pranks people and organizations for a living. The article is here and it contains the following quote:

...there should be rules to pranking: no one should get hurt; don’t bully people or damage and destroy things; but most of all, the prank needs to be funny.

I wholeheartedly agree with these rules and beleive that the pranks posted to this thread should follow these lofty ideals.

Take care,

Owen

Excel Facts

VLOOKUP to Left?
Use =VLOOKUP(A2,CHOOSE({1,2},$Z$1:$Z$99,$Y$1:$Y$99),2,False) to lookup Y values to left of Z values.
MorganO now tell how someone could get hurt, I have not read a joke here that could hurt someone, here are a couple of jokes that to hurt people and this joke to go on it the industry I work in 1. the Captain will tell the deckhand to go get him a bucket of wheel wash, usually the deckhand will tie a small rope around his wrist then he will toss the bucket over the stern when the wheel wash enter the bucket the force is so much the it will pull him overboard and damage the skin on his hand. 2. Send a new man down to the Engine Room tell him to turn out the lights and check the Engines for spark plug voltage leaks, this usually results in serious burns on his hands, why because feeling around trying to find his way back to the Engine he windups putting his hands on the exhaust manifold which the temps reach 1000° F.

Cummingsea,

You may have missed this post: in which is discussed a 'prank' that purposefully destroyed data followed by payment to fix the problem that destroyed the data. I would considered having to pay to fix a problem hurtful to a person.

I personally find minor pranking to be a fun way to build up camaraderie http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0geu9lEM...vj3Riqf58GAcHtwAAAA%40%40&fr2=sp-qrw-corr-top among co-workers. Being a military member, this is a standard way of life among us. As long as the joke doesn't go too far that is.

When I read the article about Mr. Hargrave, I really felt he put together so important tips on pranking and I wanted to share them with this thread.

Take care,

Owen

"1. the Captain will tell the deckhand to go get him a bucket of wheel wash, usually the deckhand will tie a small rope around his wrist then he will toss the bucket over the stern when the wheel wash enter the bucket the force is so much the it will pull him overboard and damage the skin on his hand."

WTF!!! What sort of plonker would do that??? :eek:

With people like that on board I can only imagine the boat having a seaworthy lifespan about the same as the Titanic!

>WTF!!! What sort of plonker would do that???

Isn't that a form of paradox since only a plonker would do that.

It's not the daftest thing I've heard. Shipyards are rife with such things: Go fetch me some tartan paint, go clear the fluff from the upper foofoo valve, that rulers no good it's 12 inch long I wanted a 1 inch wide one, go fetch some other nails these have the point on the wrong end, etc.

Here are some not so bad Put grease or an egg in someone's shoe why they are sleeping, If you are mad at the Captain put 3 drops of Visine in his coffee then saran wrap the toilet, when someone is thanking a bath, on a piece of paper Wright down on one sine F*** you then flip it over and put some flour on the other side and tape it to the top bunk, when he lays down and see's it he will rip it off and the flour will fall into his wet hair and turn into a glue like substance.

where is Greg?

Greg!!

Greg!!

Greeeeeeeg!!!

O, there you are! Didn't you see they are diverting this thread without you?? Please join!!

Working on workover rigs in west Texas I was once told to go tell the Tool Pusher that we needed new plugs for the rig (diesel). Fortunately I wasn't that dumb and assumed the Operator wanted glow plugs, so I was let off easy.

A standard carpentry joke for rookies is to go get the board stretcher.

A couple of building site favourites -
"Go and get the glass hammer from the box."
"Ask the foreman for some fallopian tubes."

You'd be surprised how many people fall for the second one. Biology not a strong point.

Neither was it mine. for my Year 9 exams at school we had to name various labelled parts of the ear on a diagram. I put one down as fallopian tubes.

At least it was the right subject...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chislobog

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back