Having trouble sharing Excel tables with other workbooks?

mattbird

Office Version
  1. 2016
Hi,

Is there anyone how knows how to share an Excel table? I have a table which I would like to share with other workbooks but when I click the share workbook it says:

'This workbook can not be shared because it contains Excel tables or XML maps. To share this workbook, convert the table ranges and remove the XML maps.'

I would like to use the Excel table as it automatically transfer formulas to the next row, if I convert the table range, I will have to copy and past my formulas into a new row every time I add one. I am not sure what XML maps are?

I am currently using Excel 2007 on Win8.

Please could someone help......

Matt

Just right-click the shape and you'll see an option for Hyperlink. Then you can navigate to the external workbook.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

What did Pito Salas invent?
Pito Salas, working for Lotus, popularized what would become to be pivot tables. It was released as Lotus Improv in 1989.
I also have two issues I am hoping you may be able to help me with? I have added two control buttons, the first button opens another worksheet in the workbook:

Private Sub CommandButton2_Click()
Application.Goto Worksheets("Stats 1").Range("B6")

End Sub

but when I hide the sheet, I want it to open, but it shows the following error:

Run-time error '1004':
Method 'Goto'of object'_Application'failed

How do I get this to work?

The other button sends data to the same worksheet and puts it into another table which then shows the results in a graph:

Private Sub CommandButton1_Click()
Dim CustomerDate As Date, CustomerWeight As Integer, CustomerBMI As Integer, CustomerWC As Integer
Worksheets("Department1").Select
CustomerDate = Range("L17")
CustomerWeight = Range("G17")
CustomerBMI = Range("H17")
CustomerWC = Range("I17")
Worksheets("Stats 1").Select
Worksheets("Stats 1").Range("B5").Select
If Worksheets("Stats 1").Range("B5").Offset(1, 0) <> "" Then
Worksheets("Stats 1").Range("B5").End(xlDown).Select
End If
ActiveCell.Offset(1, 0).Select
ActiveCell.Value = CustomerDate
ActiveCell.Offset(0, 1).Select
ActiveCell.Value = CustomerWeight
ActiveCell.Value = CustomerBMI
ActiveCell.Value = CustomerWC
Worksheets("Department1").Select
Worksheets("Department1").Range("G18").Select

End Sub

but when I hide the sheet, I want it to open and again it shows an error:

Run-time error '1004':
Select method of Worksheet class failed

How do I get around this?

Matt

Upvote 0
You need to unhide the sheet before you can activate it:

Sheets("Stats 1").Visible = True

As for the other code, there's no need to select:

<font face=Calibri><SPAN style="color:#00007F">Private</SPAN> <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Sub</SPAN> CommandButton1_Click()<br>    <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Dim</SPAN> CustomerDate <SPAN style="color:#00007F">As</SPAN> Date<br>    <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Dim</SPAN> CustomerWeight <SPAN style="color:#00007F">As</SPAN> <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Long</SPAN>, CustomerBMI <SPAN style="color:#00007F">As</SPAN> <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Long</SPAN>, CustomerWC <SPAN style="color:#00007F">As</SPAN> <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Long</SPAN>, lr <SPAN style="color:#00007F">As</SPAN> <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Long</SPAN><br>    <br>    <SPAN style="color:#00007F">With</SPAN> Worksheets("Department1")<br>        CustomerDate = .Range("L17").Value<br>        CustomerWeight = .Range("G17").Value<br>        CustomerBMI = .Range("H17").Value<br>        CustomerWC = .Range("I17").Value<br>    <SPAN style="color:#00007F">End</SPAN> <SPAN style="color:#00007F">With</SPAN><br>    <br>    lr = Worksheets("Stats 1").Cells(Rows.Count, "B").End(xlUp).Offset(1).Row<br>    <br>    <SPAN style="color:#00007F">With</SPAN> Worksheets("Stats 1")<br>        .Cells(lr, 0).Value = CustomerDate<br>        .Cells(lr, 1).Value = CustomerWeight<br>        .Cells(lr, 2).Value = CustomerBMI<br>        .Cells(lr, 3).Value = CustomerWC<br>    <SPAN style="color:#00007F">End</SPAN> <SPAN style="color:#00007F">With</SPAN><br>        <br><SPAN style="color:#00007F">End</SPAN> <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Sub</SPAN><br></FONT>

Upvote 0
Note that if you're not selecting the sheet, there's no need to make it visible either.

Upvote 0
The code works

But I don't want the tab to stay visible if that is possible, I want it to open when the button is clicked. At present the tab is hidden and the code allows it to open but the tab stays which I would like it to hide once I click back on the main worksheet tab.

Upvote 0
Hi,

I'm not sure how and where to put the Worksheet_Deactivate event in the code?

Private Sub TextBox2_Click()
Application.Goto Worksheets("Stats 1").Range("B6")

End Sub

I also took your advice and changed my command button to a shape (text box) and used the code you gave me but it comes up with an error "Run-time error '1004' application-defined or object-defined error. I have highlighted the part of code in bold.

Private Sub TextBox1_Click()
Dim CustomerDate As Date
Dim CustomerWeight As Long, CustomerBMI As Long, CustomerWC As Long, lr As Long

With Worksheets("BCM Database")
CustomerDate = .Range("R15").Value
CustomerWeight = .Range("M15").Value
CustomerBMI = .Range("N15").Value
CustomerWC = .Range("O15").Value
End With

lr = Worksheets("Stats 1").Cells(Rows.Count, "B").End(xlUp).Offset(1).Row

With Worksheets("Stats 1")
.Cells(lr, 0).Value = CustomerDate
.Cells(lr, 1).Value = CustomerWeight
.Cells(lr, 2).Value = CustomerBMI
.Cells(lr, 3).Value = CustomerWC
End With

End Sub

With TextBox1 it has the same issue that if the "Stats 1" worksheet is hidden it shows a Run-time error '1004'. Again I want it to place the data into the Stats 1 sheet but the tab to remain hidden.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Upvote 0
I have got TextBox1 working I had to change .Cells(lr, 0).value=CustomerDate to range 2-5 and it works if the sheet is hidden which is great, but still can't work out the code to view "Stats 1" whilst keeping the tab hidden.

Sub TextBox2_Click()
Application.Goto Worksheets("Stats 1").Range("B5") - B5 is the first cell data goes into on the stats sheet all the rest of the sheet is protected so had to use that range?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
morpheous

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back