Help needed for a macro

hsandeep

Office Version
  1. 2010
Platform
  1. Windows
  2. Mobile
In 1 of the ws (out of 15) in my Excel workbook; B2:B200 generates +ve integers including 0 i.e. 0,1,2,3,4,5,... PLUS some cells in B2:B200 are blank (since no values/formulas being present there).

The corresponding C2:C200 & D2:D200 contains formulas & generates numerical values.
Output required: Formulas in corresponding C2:C200 SHOULD GET REMOVED IMMEDIATELY for corresponding B2:B200 generating 3.

Ex:
B2=1(thr' formula) C2=D2(formula) D2=200.32 (thr' formula)
B2
Now if:
B2=3 THE FORMULA IN C2 SHOULD GET REMOVED IMMEDIATELY

How to accomplish?
Thanks in advance.

MARK858 if you can help me.....
1st instance:
B8=2 C8=55.77 (formula =D8) D8=55.77 C8 CONTAINS FORMULA.
2nd instance:
B8=3 C8=57.90 D8=57.90 C8 becomes FORMULA FREE. The code is working up to this instance.
3rd instance:
B8=1 C8=88.77 (formula =D8) D8=88.77 C8 GETS BACK THE FORMULA.
4th instance:
B8=4 C8=66.66 D8=66.66 C8 becomes FORMULA FREE.
& so on....

Please note:
1. column B will always contain either of 1,2,3,4,5 PLUS some cells in column B are blank (since no values/formulas being present there).
2. column C by default is loaded with formula =D ALWAYS.
3. There is always column D.

Please help

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Can you sort left to right?
To sort left-to-right, use the Sort dialog box. Click Options. Choose "Sort left to right"
You are removing the formula in the second instance when you change it to a value, once you have removed a formula it is gone.

If you need to have the formula back in the cell then you need to re-insert either via code or manually

Upvote 0
If you need to have the formula back in the cell then you need to re-insert either via code or manually[/QUOTE]
Please re-insert the formula in the column C as & when a value other than 3 i.e. 1,2,4,5 appears in the column C via code. The formula in the column C IS ALWAYS '=D' function. Ex: C48=D48 & so on.......Please do help.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Turn on the macro recorder and record yourself putting the formula in cell C2

You already have a range for the cells in column B and so offset it by 1 column, add .FormulaR1C1= then add the formula the macro recorder produced at the end.

then place the line after where the range is defined in the code.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
MARK858

I can understand that I would learn macro by doing above. But I am very novice in macros & would deeply appreciate if you can make the macros for me. I would be using it immediately for tomorrow's business.... Please understand my requirement..& do the needful brother.

Upvote 0
I can understand that I would learn macro by doing above.
Exactly...
Post what you you come up with following the instructions in post #14 then I will correct it if needed.

Upvote 0
I know where the Macro Recorder button is & have seen someone few years back doing 'macro recording'. I won't run away from doing this exercise but please guide few lines for initial movements...

Upvote 0
hsandeep, you only use the macro recorder for getting the correct syntax for the formula then you stop it.
the formula it gives you is "=RC[1]"

Your range in column B is called r
and you offset it by 1 column
r.offset(0,1)
then add .FormulaR1C1
r.Offset(0,1).FormulaR1C1
then add the formula
r.Offset(, 1).FormulaR1C1 = "=RC[1]"

and add it to the code
Code:
Sub test()
    Dim r As Range, c As Range
    Set r = Range(Range("B2"), Cells(Rows.Count, "B").End(xlUp))
    [COLOR="#FF0000"]r.Offset(0, 1).FormulaR1C1 = "=RC[1]"[/COLOR]
    For Each c In r
        If c.Value = 3 Then c.Offset(0, 1).Value = c.Offset(0, 1).Value
    Next c
End Sub

Really with 500+ posts you should be picking up the basics and attempting some yourself by now (especially how to record code).

Upvote 0
Really with 500+ posts you should be picking up the basics and attempting some yourself by now (especially how to record code).[/QUOTE]

Second BEST response received after becoming a member of this superb site. Thanks a lot to you. I am going to try this till tuesday next in real time feeds & report you back instantly about the outcome.

Upvote 0
Reporting you from my live desk:
The code is not working..Some cells of column B has values 3 & even then the corresponding column C's formula is not becoming FORMULA FREE. column C takes values from column D which in turn gets values from a column which is real time feed.

Any help at this (hasty) moment?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sebas8956

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back