How has Excel Helped You In Life?

It's all about how you project yourself. The reward is those carefully chosen moments when you make sure everyone can see how much you are doing without lifting a finger - they don't have to know how many hours are spent researching how to do it even more smugly next time

Excel Facts

Copy PDF to Excel
Select data in PDF. Paste to Microsoft Word. Copy from Word and paste to Excel.
Interesting topic.

Here's how Excel has helped me in life...
  • I (finally) learned how to communicate with engineers
  • Even stupid people (like me) can appear smart
  • I'm really not lazy, I'm efficient (HA!)
  • I can play in the debug window and people think I'm working
  • In less than 6 months at my new job I've become the go-to guy
I've always been ok using all the different flavors of Visual Basic. Never great, but good enough to do what I needed to do. That experience has helped me pick up the formula syntax/usage in Excel fairly easily and when I figured out vlookup I started moving ahead in leaps and bounds.

I've done some very simple things for this department that have proven to save countless hours and makes the buyer's jobs easier.

The funny part is; I'm still a complete n00b at it when you compare me to people here! I can almost imagine where I'll be in a year from now, or two.

Did I just see Richard in the lounge?! I've been lurking in here all day waiting for a chance to win a prize, and before I know it he's been and gone already... :confused:

or is that the competition, see who sees him first? eh? nudge nudge..!

I fear the competition will not be occurring after all. The Powers That Be (MS, not here) frowned upon it.

really? after all that this forum does to help promote, and help people with, their software?! one copy? booo! :(

really? after all that this forum does to help promote, and help people with, their software?! one copy? booo! :(

I figured that was going to happen. It's not that it's just one copy, it's that the one copy they gave webby was not for promotional purposes. (It's a departmental thing with them.)

That's not to say, however, that MrExcel can't contact their media department and negotiate a competition/promotion with them... wink wink, nudge nudge. (I know a thing or three about media relations if you'd like me to look into it on behalf of MrExcel ;) )

Nowt to do with the forum per se - it was Richard's copy.
Not a bad idea though... :)

On a (sort of) related note, how does one become a member of the beta-testing community, to see these things early on / provide feedback etc?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
againofsoul

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back