How has Excel Helped You In Life?

Excel Facts

Which lookup functions find a value equal or greater than the lookup value?
MATCH uses -1 to find larger value (lookup table must be sorted ZA). XLOOKUP uses 1 to find values greater and does not need to be sorted.
From Richard - that's what the MVP lead told him.

Typically, he only heard this morning, after posting the offer yesterday!
I'm not even sure who our lead is today... ;)

I must be missing something, or not, as the case may be.

Dom :confused:

On a (sort of) related note, how does one become a member of the beta-testing community, to see these things early on / provide feedback etc?

I got asked to beta-test, after I did a course at a local training centre. They only had so many places so I didn't get to go though :( gutted

On a (sort of) related note, how does one become a member of the beta-testing community, to see these things early on / provide feedback etc?

Via Connect - see this MSKB article.

I've been wanting to learn excel for quite some time now. Not just basic usage but up to the expertise level. I'm out of school for the summer and this is one of my goals. Here are a couple questions

1. How has knowing excel helped you in life? (career, daily life etc)
2. What are some resources that you would recommend for someone that knows the basics?

Thanks!
I have retired, and so I don't come here for help very much anymore.

How has Excel helped me? A better question is how has the Mr. Excel.com forum helped me. I was the resident guru thanks to much of the help I got on this website. I made all sorts of "Toys" for people who wanted Excel spreadsheets that would do all sorts of things. Most of them had some special twist that required that I come here, to Mr. Excel and ask, "How do I do this?" Sometimes I would get an answer in minutes!

When I got one of these "Toys" to run, it was a real rush, "YES!" I would say and then I'd get to work putting the finishing touches on whatever it was I was building.

Some of the projects seemed to have a life of their own. I kept adding buttons and features to reference files, sort stuff, track equipment, etc. it was fun.

What resources? This one! Mr. Excel, is the best free site on the net. If you can't figure it out, someone here will show you how or tell you it can't be done. As I found out, there are some things that can't be done, but for the most part, if you think Excel can do it, it can.

I was stay at home mom, and now I make spreadsheets and do statistical analysis for students, whenever I am stuck I come here, experts here are very keen to help.
Thank you mr excel.:)

How has Excel helped me?
It's what keeps me from having to do any real work around here. ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andrew Slatter

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back