How to get the sum from multiple rows when found with vlookup

Gerald Crumbley

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
We are a Training entity. I need to pull monthly reports showing Enrollments for our courses.

Issue: A course may be taught multiple times each month at 50+ locations throughout the State. The monthly data will have the same course name, but with different locations and different enrollment, passed, failed numbers

I've got VLOOKUP to give me a list, however it only returns the data from the first row it finds. Is it possible to get a sum of every row with the same course name?

My co-worker came up with a formula that works. The Month changes for each column. (also one for the Passed tab):

=IFNA(SUMPRODUCT(SUMIFS(Jan!$K:$K,Jan!$B:$B,Enrollments!$A2)),0)
Glad you came up with a solution. But, i don't see how that formula returns a 1 x 3 array of data. Did you try the formula i posted in Post #9?

Just a note, many folks do not like to select a 1 million cell long column in a formula. Conceivably it can cause processing time delays.
Have you considered using tables to contain your data? Column references in tables automatically expand when new data rows are added.

Best wishes.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Move date out one month or year
Use =EDATE(A2,1) for one month later. Use EDATE(A2,12) for one year later.
It seems to work. Thanks for your help, though. We implemented his formula before I was able to try yours.

We only have 217 master courses, although each of those may have multiple course events are taught each month. We're not approaching millions, yet.

Upvote 0
1683033816861.png

I don´t know if this solve your problem, but I understand that you was needing. I used Sum and vlookup to calculate the sum of the earns of Maria, Ana and Luiza. And if I change one of the names for João, he will include in the sum the vaule who João earn

Upvote 0
I don´t know if this solve your problem, but I understand that you was needing. I used Sum and vlookup to calculate the sum of the earns of Maria, Ana and Luiza. And if I change one of the names for João, he will include in the sum the vaule who João earn
You didn't post any formulas!
Can you post the formulas that you used that go along with your screen print?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SCleaveland

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back