How to sign my macro for no security warning?

Jim 11

Greetings. I created macros in Excel 2003, but those macros now always trigger a security warning when I open the spreadsheet with a macro. Until recently, I could eliminate the security warning by creating my own digital certificate and then digitally signing the macro. That no longer works after Windows 10 updated to the Creator edition (starting with 1705, and continuing with the current 1709). One web page I saw said that I need to save my digital certificate in a special trusted location. I tried, but without any luck. Any suggestions for how to eliminate the security warning about my macros would be much appreciated.

Excel Facts

Copy a format multiple times
Select a formatted range. Double-click the Format Painter (left side of Home tab). You can paste formatting multiple times. Esc to stop
Thanks, but that link applies only to 2007 or newer versions. I cannot find anything like a trusted file location in my older 2003 Office. The "trusted location" I mentioned from a web site somewhere was a place to put the digital certificate (not the file), but I could not get it to work.

Upvote 0
So, you are using Excel 2003 on Windows 10?
That is a bit odd. Typically, the Office version is newer than the Windows version, as users tend to upgrade Office more frequently than Windows (Windows 10 came out in 2015!).

Check out this article here: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...t/6faf72ea-254a-4c8e-9982-2c36cdb1936c?auth=1
and note this part:
Older versions of Office such as Office 2007, Office 2003 and Office XP are not certified compatible with Windows 10 but might work with or without compatibility mode.
Might be time to consider upgrading Office too!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AdkinsP

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back