IF Function Nested in One Cell

ezwingman

I have a cell AP11 that has a IF function in it here it is "=IF(K11="","",VLOOKUP(K11,$I$2:$J$8,2,FALSE))", it returns either the value NONE, or one of many text stings such as E300R191M or E1595R19 that are in the range I2:J8 or remains blank. I need to have another cell AW11 return a 0 or blank if AP11 is NONE or a 1 if it is anything else. I have it doing this with this =IF(K11="NONE",0,1), the only problem is I have 90 rows that may not have data and are returning a 1 also, I need these cells to be blank if say AP13 has no value, now I get a 1 because is not NONE. How can I get empty cells to be blank and one NONE or one of the other values returning the 1. I'm then going to use the 1 which there are 4 total representing the 4 edges of a board that could require edge treatment for calculating the linear feet of that treatment. I have another sheet that looks at the value 1 in respect to the length of the edge to cal'c the linear ft.

Excel Facts

How to find 2nd largest value in a column?
MAX finds the largest value. =LARGE(A:A,2) will find the second largest. =SMALL(A:A,3) will find the third smallest

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anthx

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back