Insert a picture in the COMMENT window

DraftThe3Car

I know how to right click on a cell and then click INSERT COMMENT.

Does anyone know if it is possible to insert a jpg in to that comment window? This will be perfect for my product presentation.

Make sure that the comment is selected, that you can NOT edit the text, in other words, there SHOULD NOT appear any blinking cursor in the comment. Then, use the Fill properties as told before.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Do you hate GETPIVOTDATA?
Prevent GETPIVOTDATA. Select inside a PivotTable. In the Analyze tab of the ribbon, open the dropown next to Options and turn it off
Double Click on the comment and then make sure you right click on the border of the comment to bring up the Format Comment menu

Upvote 0
Draft, you're not crazy. Sometimes when I right-click on the comment border, I only get a Copy-Paste-Move box, other times I get the whole ball of wax, including Format Comment. Doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to it. Just keep clicking until you get it. You might want to set up a macro to repeatedly move your finger on the mouse.

Upvote 0
The whole routine for those who didn't get it.

1. Right click on the cell with the comment.
2. Hover the pointer on the border of the comment. When it changes to a four sided arrow right click.
3. Select Format Comment
4. Select the Colors and Lines tab
5. Select Color (Drop down box)
6. At the bottom of the drop down box select Fill Effects
7. Select the Picture tab
8. Press the Select a Picture button
9. It will open you’re My Pictures file
10. Highlight a picture
11. Press Insert
12. Press OK and OK again.
13. Voila

Upvote 0
G'day all,

When you right click on the comment box, make sure you click on the frame of the box and not inside it, otherwise Excel thinks you want to edit the format of the font and not the comment itself. :)

Regards,

DBA

Upvote 0
Hey, guys, I've been playing with this. You can insert pictures into Autoshapes and Textboxes as well. In a textbox, you can also add and format text, which overlays the picture. Cool.

Upvote 0
Just to make life complicated dont know if its possible but can a graph be inserted instead of a picture, or is their any way that the properties of a coment be passed on to grph such as you click on a cell and a graph apears.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nattarinee

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back