Insert a picture in the COMMENT window

DraftThe3Car

I know how to right click on a cell and then click INSERT COMMENT.

Does anyone know if it is possible to insert a jpg in to that comment window? This will be perfect for my product presentation.

You can copy a graph as a picture by holding down shift and using the Edit menu. not sure if you can link it though.

this is a fantastic thread - just wait til i find a use for all this functionality!

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

How to find 2nd largest value in a column?
MAX finds the largest value. =LARGE(A:A,2) will find the second largest. =SMALL(A:A,3) will find the third smallest
This is probably a massively long-winded way of doing it, but shift-copy as picture the chart, paste it into Paint (the program), then save wherever you like. Then do the formatting comment procedure. It works, but if anyone has a better way...

Upvote 0
GEORGE-B...........many, many thanks!

I think that many here don't appreciate that those of us seeking help are doing just that, and need a little "Step X Step" instruction.

Thank you all SO MUCH for your imput and answers.

Upvote 0
You're very welcome. Pay it forward when you can.
By the way I pick up those instructions right here on this forum. Wish I could remember who posted them so I could give proper credit.

Learn to listen. Opportunity sometimes knocks very softly.
This message was edited by GeorgeB on 2002-06-14 19:37

Upvote 0
I, too, thank you all. And thanks, Draft, for the query. That is a great tip; I've applied it already to some of my 'sheets and it adds a nice touch.

Upvote 0
Re the pictures in comments box:

Ive been involved heavy on this subject a few times on this bard and pals Ivan F Moala and Chris D also-

This is the trick above is the mothod.

ANY image in bmp, jpg or what ever can be inserted. well not as such its a representation of the image as background, text can go over it also.

Best is to play arround

the graph question i reply to of cause all you need is copy the graph and paste in to MSPaint save as GRAPH1 and select file format jpg is smallest normally and copy method above.

WARNING quality can suffer as is background.

JACKs TIP:

Get rid if square box, try clouds and design you own shapes/ frames

Good fun, but do tell the boss how you did it, else he will do the same and your loose the something speacial you have learnt

Have fun!

Upvote 0
Hi Guys

This is a nice feature.

For ease go to View Comments it makes it easier to right click on the required comments border that requires customisation

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AGreen17

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back