Launching macro based on value of a cell

CHawk

Is there anyway to automatically launch a Macro every time a particular cell changes from False to True? Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

No, I don't use it. I deleted the code and replaced it with yours, the macro launched once and then when it changed from false to true again nothing happened.

I closed excel and then reopened it to see if it would fire again and I got an error -- when I hit debug it highlighted this line of code

If [I11] Value = MyState Then

Sorry this is taking so much of your time, Cathy

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Why does 9 mean SUM in SUBTOTAL?
It is because Sum is the 9th alphabetically in Average, Count, CountA, Max, Min, Product, StDev.S, StDev.P, Sum, VAR.S, VAR.P.
<font face=Courier New><SPAN style="color:#00007F">Private</SPAN> <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Sub</SPAN> Worksheet_Calculate()
<SPAN style="color:#00007F">Static</SPAN> MyState <SPAN style="color:#00007F">As</SPAN> <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Variant</SPAN>
Application.Calculation = xlCalculationManual
<SPAN style="color:#00007F">If</SPAN> [I11].Value = MyState <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Then</SPAN>
    <SPAN style="color:#007F00">' Here if I11's value has not changed.</SPAN>
    <SPAN style="color:#00007F">GoTo</SPAN> Xit
<SPAN style="color:#00007F">ElseIf</SPAN> [I11].Value = <SPAN style="color:#00007F">True</SPAN> <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Then</SPAN>
    <SPAN style="color:#007F00">' YOUR CODE HERE</SPAN>
<SPAN style="color:#00007F">End</SPAN> <SPAN style="color:#00007F">If</SPAN>
Xit:
MyState = [I11].Value
Application.Calculation = xlCalculationAutomatic
<SPAN style="color:#00007F">End</SPAN> <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Sub</SPAN></FONT>

See if this works - remember you have to add your actions/code at the line YOUR CODE HERE

Upvote 0
No, It doesn't work. I get the same error and it highlights the same line of code as before.

Upvote 0
Run-time Error '13'

Type Mismatch

then I hit debug and it highlights:

If [I11].Value = MyState Then

Upvote 0
Is MyState declared as Variant in your event code as above? Is it declared anywhere else?

Upvote 0
IT WORKS! IT WORKS! The Mystate as Variant was okay but I noticed a line above your code that must have been part of the previous code that I deleted that said "Dim orderPlaced As Boolean". I deleted that line and your code is firing perfectly. THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH FOR ALL YOUR HELP.

Cathy

Upvote 0
Cathy, you said you are acting on live data from a DDE link, would that be coming from RSLinx perhaps? Because this is exactly what I am trying to do.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anil K Sonawane

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back