Looking to create VBA command to go through List of sheet names, look up sheet name in range, look up value in cell next to it, and run a macro

Volrin

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi all, I'm trying to create a macro that does the following;

On Tab "Calendar" its going to go through a list of tab names starting at AP10 going downwards, AP11 etc etc, and I would like it to stop repeating when hitting a blank cell.

It would look for the tab name example "Mon.Jan.01" in a range located in another tab "Schedule" Range "L5:W57" (or I can change the location of the list to the same tab if needed)
"
Then it would pull the value to the right of it, which would then run a macro with matching name to the value, in this case that Value would've been "M1L"

I was going to research and attempt the next part myself but if anyone wants to go the extra mile, that macro that runs would then copy paste a range from a tab "Monday" Range A3:N23 onto sheet "Mon.Jan.01".

I would appreciate any help or guidance provided.

Excel Facts

Wildcard in VLOOKUP
Use =VLOOKUP("Apple*" to find apple, Apple, or applesauce
So loop from AP10 downwards until it finds a blank cell. What is the information in AP10? Is "Mon.Jan.01" found in AP10 or in tab "Schedule" Range "L5:W57"? This part was a little confusing.

Do you have a macro that you have started, are you looking for pointers and help, or are you looking for a finished macro?

Upvote 0
Below is a my list of sheet names, I would like the macro to start at A10 and loop for all the sheet names below it. So it would start with Running for "Mon.Jan.01"

1712250560289.png

I'm hoping the macro would do something similar to Match excel function find the sheet name in this range below and it would pull the value to the right of it, for this example , it would look for Mon.Jan.01, find it in "L5", and pull the value next to it, which would be "M1L", it would do run a macro called "M1L" (there's going to be several different macros created) M1l macro would then Copy paste a range from Sheet "Monday" onto Sheet "Mon.Jan.01". After that it would go back to the start and go to the next sheet name listed which is "Tue.Jan.02" and repeat the process

1712250910904.png

A finish macro would be great if possible, if not I'll take pointers and try to figure it out myself, I've been trying to google/youtube this with little success. Sorry if any of this is hard to understand, I didn't do well in English in highschool.

Upvote 0
I've manage to make some progress on my own, and will attempt to finish the macro on my own. Thanks.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sebas8956

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back