Macros help on multiple files to be created from a set of large data

questforexcel

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 2013
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi, I have a large data set on one sheet. The raw data file is about 40MB in size.

I would appreciate your help in completing this as I have run into issues in preparing this report. Honestly, I feel very overwhelmed and scared of using macros đź«Ł

My Apologies I am unable to add XL2BB to my workstation, external add ins are disabled. Sorry. 🙏🙏

I would like my automation to do the following:

1) Insert a column to the left most column named "Location" and vlookup that data from another file on my drive. The lookup reference would be on a location ID present on this raw data sheet and my main other ile. So could you advise how can I make my file look up say column AX on a file name "Location details" on my C drive, i can place the file in the same location as this macro file.

2) Create separate files based on the unique locations mentioned on the sheet. So I'd like my file to create separate files for London, a separate one for Dubai and another one for Singapore.
3) Separate records on different sheets based on actual and budgeted records. i.e. Actual records starting with "1...." on the first sheet and budgeted records starting with "5555555" on another sheet.

4) Date / Months - are in a strange format - "Month 1, Month 2.....and so on" I would like Month 1 to be replaced by Jan-23, Month 2 to be replaced by Feb-23 and so on.

5) Is there a way to insert a calculated column for YTD actual cost incurred. Like calculating total from Jan till Jun this year and adding it to the end of the columns.

6) I'd like to create a third sheet showing summary of ytd actual costs and ytd budget and variance to budget.

7) On the same sheet could I make a line graph showing the trend of actual costs v budget?

Thank you for your help. I am really looking forward to your help. This automation of files has been stressing me out.

Thank you,

1690822286777.png

Excel Facts

How can you automate Excel?
Press Alt+F11 from Windows Excel to open the Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) editor.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fragment

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back