Need Cell Text in Place of a #

hkydad

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I was wondering if anyone can telkl me how to formual a cell so that it appears as text in a different cell? For example:

Cell B1: 120,715.00
Cell K2: =B1 But I want K2 to say CM for Contribution Margin and not show the actual # from B1.

Thank you in advance.

Excel Facts

Highlight Duplicates
Home, Conditional Formatting, Highlight Cells, Duplicate records, OK to add pink formatting to any duplicates in selected range.
Your explanation is unclear to me. If K2 is equal to B1, now can it NOT show the result? If you simply want K2 to be the text "CM" then just type if there.

I think you need to show more examples and how you derive the answers.

Upvote 0
@ hkydad: this is doable via custom-formatting cell K2 as "CM" -- but what's the purpose?

Upvote 0
Your explanation is unclear to me. If K2 is equal to B1, now can it NOT show the result? If you simply want K2 to be the text "CM" then just type if there.

I think you need to show more examples and how you derive the answers.
What I am looking at is trying to create a one-variable data table where the table headings are linked back to the assumptions but instead of having the assumption figure appear in the header, I want the header to reflect what the # is representing. For example, in the table to the far right, the CM & NetProfit headers are linked back to the CM Data - 17,500.00 & the NetProfit header is linked back to the Marginal Net Income data - $28,089.75. The headers should say CM & NetProfit. The one-variable data table was already formatted for this but I am wondering how to do this, so I know for future use. I hope this clarifies what I am looking for.

1684580196925.png
1684580217373.png
1684580417074.png

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent Khandagale

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back