Page Sizing of Document Different From One Computer To Next?

Ark68

Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
I have created a one page "form" with an Excel worksheet of my work computer. It is designed in a manner to be previewed and printed on one page without any scaling.

When I take this same worksheet home and edit it, preview or print, it no longer fits within the one page originally created to be. There are no edits of the original worksheet, like widening columns or heightening rows that would force the contents into other pages. If I save it and take it to my work computer, for me to print the worksheets on one page again (as I'm able to do without scaling if I've created or editted the sheet contents at work) I have to scale it to fit on one page.

So, in a nutshell, create, edit and print worksheet from work, no scaling required. Enter in any access from my home computer, and page scaling becomes necessary.

What dictates the page size limits. Why does on computer see the page limits as different that another? Is there a way that I do not have to adjust sizing between computers. I wish to retain the page size from the originally work computer created document on my home computer.

Does this make sense? Easier to see than describe.

Excel Facts

Format cells as date
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+3 to format cells as date. (Shift 3 is the # sign which sort of looks like a small calendar).
Re: Page Sizing of Document Different From Once COmputer To Next?

are your default printers set the same, standard ms install is legal

Upvote 0

Hi Mole,

I figured it was a printer thing. Because the printer at work is a network printer, I don't have access to it on my home computer to make it default. Is there a workaround to that?

Upvote 0

each printer you connect to can be usually set to the paper size you are using. if your default paper set at work is what you need then you'll have to fudge your home settings to make it work, or record your print and adjust the settings in the macro

Upvote 0

Thanks again Mole. No different sized paper between the two computers, the document is created for an 8.5x11.
I'll record the print from the computer that does the actual print and see what data I can extract from that. I may be back to ask for to use that information ;)

Upvote 0

fingers crossed

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
malcolmlyle

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back