Possibly an =IF statement??

Sawdeeka01

Office Version
  1. 365
Hi, I am hoping someone could assist me please.

I am helping someone with a spreadsheet and they are wanting to flag dates at various stages.

Essentially they are looking for two queries;

- When 10 business days have passed column P (Closing date), column W (Selection Report finalised) will highlight orange (please note at this stage column W will be blank), and;
- When 19 business days have passed column P (Closing date), column W (Selection Report finalised) will highlight red (please note at this stage column W will be blank).

Any help you could provide would be awesome, thank you so much and I hope you have a great day!
1623111856292.png

Excel Facts

Round to nearest half hour?
Use =MROUND(A2,"0:30") to round to nearest half hour. Use =CEILING(A2,"0:30") to round to next half hour.
Ok, so change the Today() to >=
Rich (BB code):
=Today()>=$P$2.....

Upvote 0
- When 10 business days have passed column P (Closing date), column W (Selection Report finalised) will highlight orange (please note at this stage column W will be blank), and;
- When 19 business days have passed column P (Closing date), column W (Selection Report finalised) will highlight red (please note at this stage column W will be blank).
It looks like this hasn't been taken account of so far either. Assuming business days are Mon-Fri, perhaps this?
I have also assumed from your description that once column W is filled in, any highlight should disappear.

21 06 09.xlsm
PQRSTUVW
1Closing dateSubmittedFinalised
223/05/2021
324/05/20214/06/2021
425/05/2021
526/05/2021
620/04/2021
720/04/20211/06/2021
829/05/2021
96/06/2021
CF
Cells with Conditional Formatting
CellConditionCell FormatStop If True
W2:W9Expression=AND(W2="",TODAY()>WORKDAY.INTL(P2,19))textNO
W2:W9Expression=AND(W2="",TODAY()>WORKDAY.INTL(P2,10))textNO

Upvote 0
Ok that is working for the 19 days (red) but not the 10 days, do I need to do the 10 days query as between 10 and 18 days?

Ps Very grateful for your help!

Upvote 0
Hi Peter,

Thank you for helping out. I thought the red was working for your query but neither are working, from either posts.

I do appreciate your help,

Upvote 0
Does my sheet show the results that you would expect given the entries that I ahve made?

Can you post a small section of your worksheet like this with XL2BB showing the Conditional Formatting rules like I have?

Upvote 0
Yes your sheet is perfect and exactly what I am looking for. I am on a work computer and cant add any add-ins unfortunately. I have copied your formula but it still isn't working....

I am not sure how I can show you the formula without XL2BB?

Appreciate your time.

Upvote 0
Try using ALT + Print Screen....crop it down to a reasonable size ...then paste it back here !!
OR
Upload the file to a hsoting site, DropBox for instance, then paste the link to it back here.

Upvote 0
All I can think of is that you are not setting up the CF correctly. Try these steps carefully
  1. Start a completely fresh workbook
  2. Manually enter the dozen or so dates exactly as and where I have them.
  3. Select from W2 to W9 so that you have 8 cells selected but W2 is showing as the active cell
  4. Home ribbon tab -> Conditional Formatting -> New rule ... -> Use a formula to determine which cells to format -> Format values where this formula is true:- =AND(W2="",TODAY()>WORKDAY.INTL(P2,10)) -> Format... -> Fill tab -> Choose orange -> OK -> OK
Do any cells go orange?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andyamcconnell

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back