Possibly an =IF statement??

Sawdeeka01

Office Version
  1. 365
Hi, I am hoping someone could assist me please.

I am helping someone with a spreadsheet and they are wanting to flag dates at various stages.

Essentially they are looking for two queries;

- When 10 business days have passed column P (Closing date), column W (Selection Report finalised) will highlight orange (please note at this stage column W will be blank), and;
- When 19 business days have passed column P (Closing date), column W (Selection Report finalised) will highlight red (please note at this stage column W will be blank).

Any help you could provide would be awesome, thank you so much and I hope you have a great day!
1623111856292.png

It works perfectly in a fresh spreadsheet but still not working in the master, grrrr!!!

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Easy bullets in Excel
If you have a numeric keypad, press Alt+7 on numeric keypad to type a bullet in Excel.
It works perfectly in a fresh spreadsheet but still not working in the master, grrrr!!!
Do you have any other existing Conditional Formatting in column W?
If not, select all of column W and Home - CF - Clear Rules - Clear Rules from Selected Cells
Now Select from W2 down to the end of your data but with W2 is showing as the active cell
Home ribbon tab -> CF -> New rule ... -> Use a formula .. -> Format values where ...:- =AND(W2="",TODAY()>WORKDAY.INTL(P2,10)) -> Format... -> Fill tab -> Choose orange -> OK -> OK

Any joy?

Upvote 0
Hi,

I am so sorry about the delay, I have been off work due to illness.

I have rebuilt the entire spreadsheet this morning and followed the steps to conditionally format the cells in question. It is working but it will not hold both queries at once. If I set the CF to 10 days (orange) it works perfectly, If I add the second CF for 19 days (red) it completely overrides the first CF so I am only seeing the one colour highlight cell W. It is the same if I reverse it and do the 19 days first, once I add the second query it overrides the first.

Sorry I hope I am not being a pain!

Upvote 0
Sorry I hope I am not being a pain!
No. If it isn't working we need to try to work out why.

If you select the CF range in column W and go to Conditional formatting - Manage rules ... do you see the rules in this order and with appropriate ranges shown in the 'Appliws to' boxes?

1624269381910.png

Upvote 0
Solution
No. If it isn't working we need to try to work out why.

If you select the CF range in column W and go to Conditional formatting - Manage rules ... do you see the rules in this order and with appropriate ranges shown in the 'Appliws to' boxes?

View attachment 41240
Good morning,

I started again this morning and BINGO, it is finally working! Thank you so so much for your patience and assistance, I have really appreciated all input!

Have a great day today whereever you may be,

Sawdeeka01
(Oz)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TomMacca52

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back