Sad News - Just_Jon

Re: Sad News - Please Move If Posted Incorrectly

Rick -

Very sorry to hear this.

Bill

Excel Facts

Add Bullets to Range
Select range. Press Ctrl+1. On Number tab, choose Custom. Type Alt+7 then space then @ sign (using 7 on numeric keypad)

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
Thank you so very much for logging in to MrExcel and letting us know. We very much appreciate the courtesy. I hope that your family knows Jon’s goodness, kindness, helpfulness and intelligence will be remembered by people in all corners of the world.<o:p></o:p>

Ditto, and I take Greg's edit to heart, as I regret not following up on the last e-mail I sent him. Jon's presence will be felt here for a long time to come and you can bet that we'll all hoist a glass to him in our respective ways.

Take care,

I didn't know jon but I can see what a loss he is to all of us. My condolences.

Alex

Rick,

Just saw this thread . I am so sorry for your loss. I am sure he will be sadly missed by many here.

Though we only crossed each other's path a handful of times here I benefited a lot from his excel knowledge by looking at his board contributions.

My prayers and condoleances to you and your family. May he rest in peace.

Regards.

Hi Rick,

I've corresponded with Jon over the years on a number of Excel issues. He was a passionate member of our community, sharp as a tack, and curious to learn more and share, even more.

I'm very sorry to hear this news, and wish you and yours my deepest condolences. Jon is/will be very much missed here.

Jon was one of the very first people to spur my curiosity about Excel. I learned so much from him and attribute much of my knowledge to him. Who can say how many people Jon has helped not only learn Excel, but take their careers to new heights, such as mine.

He'll be missed, but lives on everytime someone types an equal sign...

RIP, just_jon...

I have not spent as much time around here as in years past, so I feel a little guilty about not noticing jon's absence. When I think of all the time I've spend here and all that I have learned, there is a group of people who really represent the Mr. Excel site for me. Jon is right there are the top. In addition to being someone whose knowledge I really respect, he always seemed like a genuinely good person. It's really hard to imagine that I won't be running into him on threads in the future. Jon meant a lot to a lot of people here. It is sort of strange to say this about someone I have never met, but I will really miss his presence here.

Sad news indeed. Thank you for taking the time to let us know.

I don't have much to add that hasn't already been said many, many times (and more eloquently) by the others, but I will indeed miss talking with him. We usually talked more about The Beatles than Excel anyway ;)

Rick,

Sincerest condolences to you and your family.

Richard

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hermansoa

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back