Skip Zero or N/A values on clustered and stacked bar chart?

heerojay

Hi everyone.

I'm trying to produce a clustered and stacked (or stacked and clustered depending on your phrasing) bar chart. The rows in my data can have multiple values spanning across multiple columns, but not all row/column intersections will have values (and at certain times, rows will have 0 values in them.)

For sake of this example, I've changed all of the 0 values in my data to N/A - this can be changed back if necessary (I googled a simple formula for converting 0 to N/A). Columns/row labels have also been changed, and the A/B/C/D for clustering needs to happen (names also changed). Odds are I will have to reorganize the data manually into said clusters, as Rows 14/15 are a part of cluster A (but I can fix that manually).

What I'm trying to do is to produce the clustered AND stacked bar chart AND NOT include these 0 or N/A values in the data because I have 28 columns/24 rows of data, which will make the bar chart filled with blanks. These row/column intersection values will change monthly, as values can change and become 0, or 0 values can become non-zero depending on the data obtained for the month. Entire rows and/or column may be filled with zeroes (rarely), but this can also change monthly.

Screenshot 1 (shows my data, and all of the N/A values which are 0's): imgur: the simple image sharer

Screenshot 2 (shows the current version of my S/C bar chart - notice all of the blanks in the clusters, these are what I'm trying to get rid of, to make the chart smaller and more presentable): imgur: the simple image sharer

I am using Excel 2010 - and I do not have a concrete understanding of Excel (I've learned bits and pieces).

Perhaps it may be more feasible to create a VLookup to build another table off of this data, and make a S/C bar chart based on that?

Any guidance/tips/help that can be provided would be appreciated. Many thanks in advance.

Excel Facts

Copy formula down without changing references
If you have =SUM(F2:F49) in F50; type Alt+' in F51 to copy =SUM(F2:F49) to F51, leaving the formula in edit mode. Change SUM to COUNT.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AGreen17

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back