Sum with multiple different criteria

gorillawar

Hello,

I have one range I am trying to count the occurrence of aword, based on two other rows criteria. Probably better explain with an example.
A1:A5 contains the word “Closed” or “Open” I want to counthow many time the word “Open” is present, based off of the two following rowsbeing true.
B1:B5 contain dates ranging across different months. I wantto only count the “Open” words if the date is the first 6 months in the year.
C1:C5 is a counting formula the is related to a few otherthings, but I also want it to only count those “Open” words if this number isgreater than, or equal to 1.

I have tried to do this myself, but I assume it iscompletely wrong
=COUNTIF((A1:A5,"Open")*(MONTH(B1:B5)>=6)*(C1:C5>=1))

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Excel Facts

What does custom number format of ;;; mean?
Three semi-colons will hide the value in the cell. Although most people use white font instead.
Try
Code:
=SUMPRODUCT((A1:A5="open")*(MONTH(B1:B5)<=6)*(C1:C5>=1))

Upvote 0
Thank you that was it. I am not sure why I didn't try SUMPRODUCT instead of COUNTIF.. Guess I still have a lot more to learn!

Upvote 0
Ok never mind, I just tried to change "open" to "closed" and it is just pulling all of the words. It is not filtering the ">=1" from my third criteria I listed initially.

Upvote 0
Could you post an example of what is happening.

Upvote 0
I am using the following formula:

=SUMPRODUCT((Table14[Open/ Closed]="closed")*(MONTH(Table14[Initiated])<=6)*(Table14[Days Past Due]>=1))

I changed the word "open" with "closed" and it is counting all references of the word "closed", when it should only count 7, since I only have 7 rows that are closed, and also have "days past due" that is >=1

Upvote 0
If you go into edit mode (F2) and select the green part and press F9 you should get a series of true and false. Does this return the correct true or false for each row?
Code:
=SUMPRODUCT((Table14[Open/ Closed]="closed")*(MONTH(Table14[Initiated])<=6)*[COLOR=#00ff00](Table14[Days Past Due]>=1)[/COLOR])

Upvote 0
Could this be because all of those cells are numbers that are from a formula? I put the formula I use below.

=IF(ISBLANK(D11),"-",IF(D11>TODAY(),"-",IF(D11=E11,"-",IF(E11="",TODAY()-D11,IF(D11>E11,"-",E11-D11)))))

This basically just leaves the cell with a - s there s not info to use. Otherwise it will count days, which is the number im using. I just want it to count the cell that are 1 or above, all of the - ones I don't want counted.

Upvote 0
Try
Code:
=SUMPRODUCT((Table1[Open/ Closed]="Closed")*(MONTH(Table1[Initiated])<=6)*(Table1[Days Past Due]>=1)*(Table1[Days Past Due]<>"-"))

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bengee54

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back