UDF and PERSONAL.XLS

schielrn

Ok as you can tell from my past couple posts, I am trying to streamline some of my macros and UDFs and make them accessible to all workbooks. This is fine for now through the PERSONAL.XLS file. The only problem I have is with the UDFs. Is there somewhere else I can put these that I do not have to type in PERSONAL.XLS before each UDF from that file. Can I move these into the funcres project and have any more sucess or is that just an all around bad idea?

Thanks for any input.

...and if you ask him, he's still trying to meet someone else's level (insert appropriate guru here).
~hatman
Yeah, I'd love to be as good as Tom (Right-Click) or Ivan at WinAPI stuff, or Nate at cross-platform stuff, or Aladin or Barry or Dom at formulae. Or Jon P. at charts. Or Andrew or Denis at Access. Fairwinds & Juan Pablo are both very good "all-arounders". That's just a short list of those that I know are better'n me in something that I can think of off the top of my head... were I to really sit down and ponder it, I'm sure the list would be long. This site has one of the deepest benches of gurus I've ever seen. And there are dozens whom I would say are on par with myself (not really "gurus" but can defend ourselves pretty well).

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

How to calculate loan payments in Excel?
Use the PMT function: =PMT(5%/12,60,-25000) is for a $25,000 loan, 5% annual interest, 60 month loan.
And there are dozens whom I would say are on par with myself (not really "gurus" but can defend ourselves pretty well).

But it's still a relief when someone comes along and bails us out with a more elegant solution. I usually try to answer "easy" questions so the gurus can concentrate on the hard ones that are beyond me... but all too often I find myself in deeper than I expected, which always yields a learning opportunity as I either figure it out for the OP, or someone smarter (like Greg, or Right_click, or Barry, Aladin, or Norie) comes along and makes it look easy.

Trust me, the longer you stick around, the more you'll pick up...

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eggy66

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back