Using BING MAPS get miles

CHFD13

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Ok as I read in several of the older threads GOOGLE now charges for the look up of API. I had a Excel VBA using Google Maps API. that I paid for. Well now that it is no longer recognized. Am having to start over.
Ok now that I've had my rantings...
I am the National Fire Incident Reporting Systems(NFIRS) Officer for the Center Hill Fire Protection District, (CHFPD) pronounced as SHHFud).
I do an Annual Fire Board Report, detailing all of the calls that CHFPD responded to the previous year. (Jan 1-Dec31 2022)
Also I do a MILEAGE for the Volunteer Fire Fighters as well. Because they receive a per-call stipend at the end of the year. The FF's get a 10-99 IRS ( Inflamed Rectum Syndrome ) statement as well.
All of that to get to the brass tacks. What I am currently doing is exhaustive to do each manual lookup the miles ONE WAY from the CHFD Station to each incident, Address/ Location,
I have an active BING MAPS API that I'm trying to get to work with my address listing. All of the START POINTS will be at the CHFD Station.
[A
Column is the Date, [ B Column is the NFIRS # [ C Column is the Address/ Location [ D Column is Type of Call [ E Column is the Miles to call ( G- Z are the FF's )
01/01/22 2022001 4100 Hwy 36 W [FIre] (have a pick list from) this will be a VBA GET MILES (have a Y or N box)
address will be linked to another sheet not shown

So as you can see I can get almost all of this done pretty simple But the MAPPING is driving me crazy
Thanks CHFD13

Excel Facts

How to total the visible cells?
From the first blank cell below a filtered data set, press Alt+=. Instead of SUM, you will get SUBTOTAL(9,)
I don't know of a way to do it by actual addresses. I think it can be done by longitude/latitude though.

Upvote 0
I don't know of a way to do it by actual addresses. I think it can be done by longitude/latitude though.
I know that doing one address at a time, you can do address look up. Also the above mentioned Google VBA would do address. And Yes I've seen several that show how to do Long /Lat lookup. I've tried unsuccessfully to get any to work as of yet.
I'm not sure that the VBA for the Long/Lat is working because Not quite certain that How to make it work on same sheet as I'm working on???

Upvote 0
I think I can get the mileage to work, can you provide a small sample via XL2BB that shows what the data looks like that you are working with?

Upvote 1
Something similar to the following maybe?

Use of Bing Map API
DateNFIRS #AddressCall TypeDistance (Miles)Coordinate
01/01/2220220014100 AR-36, Searcy, ARFire35.2473557, -91.8201655
112 WEST RACE AVE, SEARCY, AR535.250882753129595, -91.73785902463148

But a bit larger so I can see what data you are working with & how it is organized.

:)

Upvote 1
Solution
Sorry that I didn't respond to your query about the small sample via XL2BB. I got Kidnaped by my Wife to go to Dinner ( her early 55 birthday)
And have started on something else before checking back on this article.
But YES!!!! THAT is what I was trying to do. Except that CHFD address would be outta-sight/outta-mind, on another sheet that would be linked.
Ok now for instruction how to get that muleheaded critter to work is my next ?Q?

Upvote 0
I am actually going thru a EXCEL VBA Beginner Tutorial on YouTube trying to learn how to speak this gibberish.
So if U,ns got any suggestions Im all ears.

Upvote 0
Ok not sure how to work the xl2bb v2.0 to make it usable.
But I did copy and paste the Page into a word file and have the VBA that you wrote.
Can I copy that to Excel and try to Run It there?

Upvote 0
I didn't understand a word you said in your previous 2 posts. :(

Let's try again.

You mentioned you have data in a sheet, that used to work work with Google Maps API. We need to see what that layout looked like so we can get you back up and running.

Can you post a sample of that data via Xl2BB?

Upvote 0

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent Khandagale

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back