What is wrong with this site? (SPAM)

Re: What is wrong with this site?

Thanks for your patience Alan!

It's definitely tough going into the weekend when not as many Mods are around. Thankfully, Tracy (Starl) was around with her Admin super powers and was able to bulk delete/ban the big offenders.

Thanks for your patience Alan!

It's definitely tough going into the weekend when not as many Mods are around. Thankfully, Tracy (Starl) was around with her Admin super powers and was able to bulk delete/ban the big offenders.

I dropped webmaster an email regarding that, when they get time to read it

I thought it was Ironic that all the sites the spammers were promoting where hosted on the same WHOIS domain (WildWestDomains.Com)

I thought it was Ironic that all the sites the spammers were promoting where hosted on the same WHOIS domain (WildWestDomains.Com)

That definitely helps narrow things down, and it is something we look at, but we can't always deny all IP's coming from a domain because we'd end up banning everyone regardless.

EDIT: FYI - WildWestDomains is a subsidiary of GoDaddy.

Last edited:
Spam

What's Plan B?

Re: Spam

What's Plan B?
I made a proposal in the MrExcel MVP private forum (in the thread I started when the first attack occurred)... I don't know if it is feasible or not, but I suspect a discussion might ensue there.

I hope someone is working on this.
I made a proposal in the MrExcel MVP private forum (in the thread I started when the first attack occurred)... I don't know if it is feasible or not, but I suspect a discussion might ensue there.

I've also had some inputs to a Moderator.
One of my main concerns that we (MrExcel) seems to be the major target as a few of the other Forums don't seem to be affected!
Another concern was that the attacks seem to commence as the USA members are generally in the bedtime hours, which tends to make it look like nothing is being done.....which I know isn't the case.
Keep at them I say.....they'll get sick of us eventually ....:pray:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davinroach

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back