Access and Excel

Madcowz

Hello all.
Hopefully I can explain and ask this question correctly... So I have finally figured out my Excel spread sheet problems, almost anyways. So right now I have my sheets sheet up to return a value under a specific date. For example, I have an employee booked to work on my daily schedule (Sheet 1)for Jan 15. On sheet2, I have the days of the month across the top (cells A1 to AG1), employee name from cell B1 to B52. So when I plug my worker in to a spot on Sheet1, it automatically input "worked" under the Jan 15th cell on sheet 2 and it works great :). My only problem is, on Jan 16th, it will show that the employee has worked in the Jan16th cell, but the jan 15th cell now shows he was off, basically not saving the previous days info. So my question is, Is this where creating an Acess database would come in handy, so that my previous days info will be saved and not reset?

Ok pretty sure I understand a little better, so for example, if I put =IF(C2="1","1","0") in say Cell D2, and the # 1 is present in cell C2, Cell D2 should show the #1 correct?, if the # 1 is not present, then it should show a 0

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Quick Sum
Select a range of cells. The total appears in bottom right of Excel screen. Right-click total to add Max, Min, Count, Average.
Ok pretty sure I understand a little better, so for example, if I put =IF(C2="1","1","0") in say Cell D2, and the # 1 is present in cell C2, Cell D2 should show the #1 correct?, if the # 1 is not present, then it should show a 0

That's correct, but just to clarify you would not have "1", this would mean you are looking for the text "1", not the number 1. I'm pretty sure you just put the "" to highlight what you are talking about.

=IF(C2=1,1,0)
If the C2= the number 1 then return the number 1 otherwise return the number 0.

You can do whatever you want, here are some other examples.

=IF(C2=1, Sum(A10:A22),A12+A22)

IF C2=1 then give me the sum of cells A10 through A22, otherwise add A12+A22 and give the results of that math problem.

=IF(C2=1, Sum(A10:A22))

In this instance I didn't not specify what to do if C2=1 is not true so if C2 did not = 1, then the result of the formula would be the word FALSE in the cell where this formula resides.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thank you very much for all the help, I am going to play around with it some more, I am sure I will have a few more questions yet.

Upvote 0
Thank you very much for all the help, I am going to play around with it some more, I am sure I will have a few more questions yet.

Okay, good luck, you are welcome. :cool:
You might want to start a new thread if you need any further help.

Upvote 0
Ok will do. I gave up trying to set that up that schedule, it just won't save the previous dates info no matter what I do lol, so on to my next project.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
snoom82

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back