2 identical master spreadsheets merging to make 3rd spreadsheet containing both sets of data in simple and safe way!

Avril

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. MacOS
Hi - newbie here! Thank you for accepting me.
I've used excel a lot over the years and can carry out basic sumifs, lookup, pivot tables, etc - but not in-depth - I've tried googling how to do it and found consolidating data doesn't work with what I would like to do.

To keep it brief - I have 2 spreadsheets for 2 different companies, owed by the same people for a construction site they are working on. The data has to be kept separate for accounting purposes. On the master sheet for both companies the data includes - supplier, invoice date, number, gross value, part number, description, plot number and more. I would like both the spreadsheets to merge together on a 3rd spreadsheet so that I can look up suppliers and query prices and also run pivot tables to issue costs by plots. Also, when entering data on the individual spreadsheet it will automatically update the merged file.

I don't understand VBA functions at all and it's like reading a foreign language!

Thank you for reading my post.

Excel Facts

When did Power Query debut in Excel?
Although it was an add-in in Excel 2010 & Excel 2013, Power Query became a part of Excel in 2016, in Data, Get & Transform Data.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aa2

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back