2010 world cup tracking sheet

robertoconte01

I am trying to make a tracking sheet for soccer. i have the cells where when you enter the goals for each team in lets say a1 cell for 1 ream and in the c1 cell i have where the other teams score is at. in b1 the winner comes out there automatically because of the result of the scores i enter oh yeah and if the score is tied it says tie in the b1 cell as well as the winner. there are 3 matches that each team plays within their perspective groups. so what i am rtying to do is to make a group standings to determin the 1st and 2nd place winners so i can make it idiot proof so that some one doesn't enter something wrong later on in the 16 round. so for each win is 3 a tie 1 and a loss 0 what type of formula do i do for the standings? i hope i made myself clear?
respectfully roberto p.s. i can send you the file if you want

Excel Facts

Pivot Table Drill Down
Double-click any number in a pivot table to create a new report showing all detail rows that make up that number
Hi Roberto:

Welcome to MrExcel Board!

I suggest you post some sample data, along with your expected results so we can see how your data is going to be laid out and what formulas you need.

Upvote 0
Group A

Goal Winner/Tie Goal
S. Africa 2 0 Mexico
S. Africa

Uruguay France
TIE

S. Adrica Uruguay
TIE

Mexico France
TIE

S.africa France
TIE

Mexico Uruguay
TIE

1st place in group Team Pts
S. Africa 3
Mexico
2nd place in group Uruguay
France

Upvote 0
how do i make a sample?

Hi Roberto:

Have you created your spreadsheet yet? If not then create your spreadsheet first with all the columns that you would need, populate it with some sample data, then mark the places where you would need the formulas. This should be your working spreadsheet.

Once you have your working spreadsheet, I suggest you then post some sample data using a utility such as HTMLmaker or ExcelJeanie -- you will find reference to these utilities on this Board.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nmaske

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back