Unable to use filters

mikeymay

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I have a worksheet that is unprotected but I am unable to apply filters to it. The option is greyed out if I try and select autofilters.

Another strange thing is that on one of the worksheets when I select Data, Filters there is a tick to the left of Autofilter but it is also greyed out, so in effect I cannot turn it off even tho I can't see the filters!!

I have tried to popst a screen shot but unsure how to do it. I think maybe a screen shot would help to explain my issue better so if anyone knows how to do this......

Thanks

Excel Facts

How to fill five years of quarters?
Type 1Q-2023 in a cell. Grab the fill handle and drag down or right. After 4Q-2023, Excel will jump to 1Q-2024. Dash can be any character.
Hit PRINT SCREEN button. Usually located above the INSERT key on your keyboard. Or if a laptop, then look for PRT SC. Usually comes after F12 key.

Upvote 0
I can use this to paste the screen shot to Word, Paint, etc but it won't let me paste it into the thread.

Do I need to save to Paint file somewhere and specify it in the thread somehow?

Upvote 0
Thanks for that arthurbr

Unfortunately, our IT department, in their ultimate wisdom, do not allow us to install add ins.......

Any other way of doing this, as a my last call to get an add in took 3 weeks to sort out:(

And I suppose we have gone off on a bit of a tangent here......does anyone know anything about my actual problem?!?!?

Upvote 0
This is the screen shot of my issue.

The autoFilter option is greyed out but is also active (see the tick). I cannot see any filters anywhere on my spreadhseet.

Any pointers would be helpful.

shot1uu7.png

Upvote 0
Does anyone have any ideas on this?

This spreadsheet is about 4000 rows in total and I really need the Filters function.

Some input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ravioli44

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back