2D spilled array, using REDUCE and INDIRECT to consolidate data from multiple sheets.

PrettyGood_Not Great

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi, I have an equation that is indirectly pulling a row of data from multiple sheets, all having an identical structure.

REDUCE(0,C11,LAMBDA(a,b,INDIRECT("'"&b&"'!H$13:AU$13")))

This equation is being used on a sheet that is consolidating all other sheets into one data set. The equation spills to the right, however I'd like it to also spill down. C11 in this equation is the reference to a column that contains all the tab names. I have tried turning C11 into C11# as it is already a dynamic range it's self, however that returns a #REF.

I have also tried using VSTACK('Tab1:Tabx'!H$13:AU$13) and this works perfectly spilling in 2D, however I have to hard code the tab names and this is not acceptable. Is there a way to either A) turn the REDUCE/INDIRECT into a 2D spilled array or B) allow the VSTACK to reference cell values containing the tab names?

Excel Facts

Copy formula down without changing references
If you have =SUM(F2:F49) in F50; type Alt+' in F51 to copy =SUM(F2:F49) to F51, leaving the formula in edit mode. Change SUM to COUNT.
Why not add 2 sheets one called Start before the sheets your interested in & 1 called End after your sheets & you can then use
Excel Formula:
=drop(drop(VSTACK('Start:End'!H$13:AU$13),-1),1)

Upvote 0
Why not add 2 sheets one called Start before the sheets your interested in & 1 called End after your sheets & you can then use
Excel Formula:
=drop(drop(VSTACK('Start:End'!H$13:AU$13),-1),1)
Hi Fluff, that could be done yes, but not ideal as this workbook is meant to be picked up by other users as a template and having an equation dependent upon their choice of tab creation will lead to issues. Additionally, if the user is unaware they may move the sheets around.

Upvote 0
What is the formula in C11?

Upvote 0
What is the formula in C11?
There is no formula, it is a named range that is pulling a list of the tab names from another sheet. If it were not a named range it would simply be a data pull using the = operator only.

Upvote 0
C11 is not a valid name, so it cannot be a named range.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anshu121

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back