3 Case Scenario VBA Code

jalrs

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello guys,

I don't know how to approach this nor if it is the right request to make. I believe with the attached screenshots will make it easier to understand.
So what I would like to is:

1st : Check each material on column C
2nd: 1st case - If the sum of column M is equal to 0 for each material, then delete those lines (water on the example)
2nd case - If the sum of column M is # 0 for each material, then leave it like that (coke on the example)
3rd case - If the sum of column M is # 0 and column L is greater than 0, add a new line under the one where column L is greater than 0 where column K = K-L from previous row, colum L is now 0, and column M equals to column K value. Plus Column E new line is +1 regarding the previous line value. Rest of the values should be equal to the ones on the previous line, except for the date that should be left empty. (tea example. date not correct on the output.png sorry)

Hope this is possible and hope someone can help me.

Please look at the input vs output attachment.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Attachments

• input.png
    input.png
    18.9 KB · Views: 21
  • output.png
    output.png
    21.9 KB · Views: 22
With Xl2BB, format may change and different from it appears.
Just play around with format function as my last row of code.
Try it.
Ok bebo, thank you.

I will play around it and see.

Thanks

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Round to nearest half hour?
Use =MROUND(A2,"0:30") to round to nearest half hour. Use =CEILING(A2,"0:30") to round to next half hour.
With Xl2BB, format may change and different from it appears.
Just play around with format function as my last row of code.
Try it.
Hey bebo,

Current point of situation:
I managed to get what was missing by deleting the output sheet, and making a copy of the input sheet and renaming it to desired name, "Play" in this case.
This should be something related to conditional formatting? No clue though

I am only missing one thing and believe you could help me.

When, on column F, we add +1 comparing to previous row column F number, the new column number is being displayed on the right (stored as number I believe), and I need them to be displayed on the left (stored as text) I believe? At least I notice like a green flag on the ones displayed on the left side, green flag on the upper left corner of each cell, when I click on them, they are shown as " '0001 "

Hope it is fixable,

Thanks!

Upvote 0
If your issue is that columns B & E don't show the leading zeroes change this section to what I have here:

VBA Code:
    With Worksheets("Play")
        .Range("A2:M100000").ClearContents
        .Range("B2").Resize(k, 1).NumberFormat = "@"
        .Range("E2").Resize(k, 1).NumberFormat = "@"
        .Range("A2").Resize(k, 13).Value = arr
        '.Range("E2").Resize(k, 1).NumberFormat = "00000" ' Format column E - XXX Commented out replaced above
    End With

Upvote 0
If your issue is that columns B & E don't show the leading zeroes change this section to what I have here:

VBA Code:
    With Worksheets("Play")
        .Range("A2:M100000").ClearContents
        .Range("B2").Resize(k, 1).NumberFormat = "@"
        .Range("E2").Resize(k, 1).NumberFormat = "@"
        .Range("A2").Resize(k, 13).Value = arr
        '.Range("E2").Resize(k, 1).NumberFormat = "00000" ' Format column E - XXX Commented out replaced above
    End With
Hey Alex,

Thanks for your reply, the above output is as follows on the attachment.
Cells marked as red are the new line ones, and should appear on the same format as their former ones, before the update. You can see the green flag on the not marked ones on the upper left corner as well.

Thanks

EDIT: Added Bebo's version as a comparision. While yours appear on the left without the zeroes, his version they appear on the right but with the leading zeroes.

And I want them to appear on the left as your snippet but with the leading zeroes as bebo's one

Attachments

• outputColumnE.png
    outputColumnE.png
    4 KB · Views: 5
  • outputBeboVersionColumnE.png
    outputBeboVersionColumnE.png
    3.9 KB · Views: 3
Upvote 0
Ok try this:
Change the Dim of r from integer to string (or replace whole liine as per the below)
VBA Code:
Dim lr&, rng, i&, j&, k&, qpen&, re As String, id As String, arr(1 To 100000, 1 To 13)

Then change the line:
VBA Code:
re = arr(k, 5) + 1

To this:
VBA Code:
re = Replace(arr(k, 5), Val(arr(k, 5)), Val(arr(k, 5)) + 1)

Possibly not the most efficient way of doing it but I didn't want to assume a certain length or number of zeroes.

Upvote 0
Ok try this:
Change the Dim of r from integer to string (or replace whole liine as per the below)
VBA Code:
Dim lr&, rng, i&, j&, k&, qpen&, re As String, id As String, arr(1 To 100000, 1 To 13)

Then change the line:
VBA Code:
re = arr(k, 5) + 1

To this:
VBA Code:

Possibly not the most efficient way of doing it but I didn't want to assume a certain length or number of zeroes.
Hey Alex,

Thanks for your reply!

Bingo! That did the job!

Thank you so much Alex!

Upvote 0
@bebo021999 could you please update your code with @Alex Blakenburg contribution?

Since you did most of the work on solving the issue, I would like to mark yours a solution

Thank you both!

Upvote 0
I am 2nd guessing what I gave you previously in terms of being able to not handle the length of the string.
Please add the 2nd line below, the first just being for context.

VBA Code:
                                        re = Right(re, Len(arr(k, 5)))

Upvote 0
I am 2nd guessing what I gave you previously in terms of being able to not handle the length of the string.
Please add the 2nd line below, the first just being for context.

VBA Code:
                                        re = Right(re, Len(arr(k, 5)))
Hey @Alex Blakenburg ,

I will test that new line as soon as possible and give feedback about it

Thank you!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anri

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back