shemayisroel

Hi,

Sample data below

Formula result im looking for in the below data is to

1) Lookup value in Column A being D

2) Lookup value in Column B being 4

3) Lookup value in row C1:G1

Return result being in E5

<TABLE style="PADDING-RIGHT: 2pt; PADDING-LEFT: 2pt; FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial,Arial; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=1><COLGROUP><COL style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold; WIDTH: 30px"><COL style="WIDTH: 64px"><COL style="WIDTH: 64px"><COL style="WIDTH: 64px"><COL style="WIDTH: 64px"><COL style="WIDTH: 64px"><COL style="WIDTH: 64px"><COL style="WIDTH: 64px"></COLGROUP><TBODY><TR style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold; FONT-SIZE: 8pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #cacaca; TEXT-ALIGN: center"><TD> </TD><TD>A</TD><TD>B</TD><TD>C</TD><TD>D</TD><TD>E</TD><TD>F</TD><TD>G</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 17px"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 8pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #cacaca; TEXT-ALIGN: center">1</TD><TD style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold">1st TYPE</TD><TD style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold">2nd TYPE</TD><TD style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold">NAME 1</TD><TD style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold">NAME 2</TD><TD style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ccffcc">NAME 3</TD><TD style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold">NAME 4</TD><TD style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold">NAME 5</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 17px"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 8pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #cacaca; TEXT-ALIGN: center">2</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">A</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">1</TD><TD>Item1</TD><TD>Item2</TD><TD>Item3</TD><TD>Item4</TD><TD>Item5</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 17px"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 8pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #cacaca; TEXT-ALIGN: center">3</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">B</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">2</TD><TD>item6</TD><TD>item7</TD><TD>item8</TD><TD>item9</TD><TD>item10</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 17px"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 8pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #cacaca; TEXT-ALIGN: center">4</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">C</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">3</TD><TD>item11</TD><TD>item12</TD><TD>item13</TD><TD>item14</TD><TD>item15</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 17px"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 8pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #cacaca; TEXT-ALIGN: center">5</TD><TD style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ccffcc; TEXT-ALIGN: center">D</TD><TD style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ccffcc; TEXT-ALIGN: center">4</TD><TD>Item1</TD><TD>Item2</TD><TD style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffff99">Item3</TD><TD>Item4</TD><TD>Item5</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 17px"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 8pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #cacaca; TEXT-ALIGN: center">6</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">E</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">5</TD><TD>item6</TD><TD>item7</TD><TD>item8</TD><TD>item9</TD><TD>item10</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 17px"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 8pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #cacaca; TEXT-ALIGN: center">7</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">F</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">6</TD><TD>item11</TD><TD>item12</TD><TD>item13</TD><TD>item14</TD><TD>item15</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 17px"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 8pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #cacaca; TEXT-ALIGN: center">8</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">G</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">7</TD><TD>item16</TD><TD>item17</TD><TD>item18</TD><TD>item19</TD><TD>item20</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

I'm struggling to replicate what you have.

1. Working from images is difficult as I cannot copy/paste the sample data to my worksheets to test. Using Excel jeanie like I have, or the MrExcel HTML Maker, to post some small copyable screen shots would help.

2. The formula for B10 in your post is not the same as the B10 formula shown in your 'BLZR' screen shot. In any case, your formulas have 3 MATCH functions in them. My formula only has 2.

3. Do you have (dreaded) merged cells in 'BLZR'?

My best guess is
=INDEX(Inventory!$D$2:$G$41,MATCH($F$4&"|"&TEXT(B$9,"00")&$A10,Inventory!$H$2:$H$41,0),MATCH($H$4,Inventory!$D$1:$G$1,0))

If that is not it, can you explain in words what in 'BLZR' needs to be matched in 'Inventory', & where it appears in 'Inventory'? Give an example that uses data that is all visible in your screen shots.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Who is Mr Spreadsheet?
Author John Walkenbach was Mr Spreadsheet until his retirement in June 2019.
Peter, thanks for all the help! With some of your suggestions and a few other tricks, i got it working! thank you very much for all your help,

Justin

I'm struggling to replicate what you have.

1. Working from images is difficult as I cannot copy/paste the sample data to my worksheets to test. Using Excel jeanie like I have, or the MrExcel HTML Maker, to post some small copyable screen shots would help.

2. The formula for B10 in your post is not the same as the B10 formula shown in your 'BLZR' screen shot. In any case, your formulas have 3 MATCH functions in them. My formula only has 2.

3. Do you have (dreaded) merged cells in 'BLZR'?

My best guess is
=INDEX(Inventory!$D$2:$G$41,MATCH($F$4&"|"&TEXT(B$9,"00")&$A10,Inventory!$H$2:$H$41,0),MATCH($H$4,Inventory!$D$1:$G$1,0))

If that is not it, can you explain in words what in 'BLZR' needs to be matched in 'Inventory', & where it appears in 'Inventory'? Give an example that uses data that is all visible in your screen shots.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AppellatePerson

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back