64 Bit VBA updates batch job

somesoldiers

Board Regular
Hi All

how would I go about updating thousands of workbooks which were created on 32 bit so that they can be opened in 64 bit without errors?
I understand how to update the declarations and LongPtr manually but I would like to do this programmatically across many workbooks in a folder.

I have tried the below, where i have the adjusted module in my 64 bit workbook and use it to replace the module in the 32 bit, which would work in theory but the Compile error once the first 32 bit workbook is opened stops the code from running

is there any way to suppress this and keep the code moving? or can anyone suggest an alternative. I haven't had much luck with google

Thanks
Noel

Excel Facts

What is the fastest way to copy a formula?
If A2:A50000 contain data. Enter a formula in B2. Select B2. Double-click the Fill Handle and Excel will shoot the formula down to B50000.
Untested, but you could try setting application.automationsecurity = msoAutomationSecurityForceDisable before opening the workbooks?

Upvote 0
Solution
Untested, but you could try setting application.automationsecurity = msoAutomationSecurityForceDisable before opening the workbooks?

thanks Rory

that answered my specific question alright

also to say I wasn't able to get the replace module method working, instead I just went with looping through the folder and changing all the files to xlsx.
Most of our wbs are checklists that have already been signed off so don't require the code any longer so this seemed like the simpler option

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anshu121

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back