7 days from today - but not a weekend - next business day

wtchtwr

I have done tons of Microsoft Help / searches :devilish: - I am stumped. I am calculating 8 calendar days from a date. The equation works, but if it falls on a weekend, I would like it to turn the date RED and show the first business day AFTER the weekend or holiday(I have all of the holidays entered for the NYSE for another cell.

But for the Calendar days I am using a "=B3+8." 1. What can be added to that so that it will not output a weekend or holiday. 2. What can be added so that if it fowards the date to the first business day it will highlight the number to notify the user that it has done so.

I am using the "=WORKDAY(B3,Sheet2!B1,Sheet2!A1:A18)" for the business days excluding weekends and NYSE holidays. That works flawless...

Excel Facts

Can you AutoAverage in Excel?
There is a drop-down next to the AutoSum symbol. Open the drop-down to choose AVERAGE, COUNT, MAX, or MIN
Wouldn't it be =WORKDAY(date + 7,1,holidays) ?

Conditionally format the result as formula is =(current cell) <> date + 8 with a red font...

Upvote 0

Conditionally format the result as formula is =(current cell) <> date + 8 with a red font...
Oaktree is right. =WORKDAY() works great. But, I remember I had to install an Add-In to get it to work...

Upvote 0

DING DING - We have a winner!!!

Seriously, Thank you for all of your help!!!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eggy66

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back